"Founder by Chance" ORIGINAL - By Goldleaf

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Beefy D??

Wasn't that a rap star from the 90's?!
The Notorious Beefy D- or something like that?
:lol:

AndyT

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 am

By the way Gary, Karma for this one.

rcsnydley

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:29 am

Excellent job Gary. Nicely written piece, very enjoyable to listen to. Looking forward to your next one.

goldleaf

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:41 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Excellent job Gary. Nicely written piece, very enjoyable to listen to. Looking forward to your next one.
Andy, thanks for the Karma. Gary

RC, I am glad you and several others liked my piece. It must be very relaxing because that word was used a number of times to describe it. As far as another one. I hope I hear something that motivates me to come up with another. This one was based a lot on the Harvest Moon Drop D tuning. The sounds and the Beefy-D just led me to other chords. I hope it happens again. Thanks for your encouragement. Gary

BobR

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Gary, I thought it started a bit like Harvest Moon but then it went in another direction. You seem very relaxed and comfortable with it. Very good job.

Bob

michelew

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Simply beautiful Gary! Karma to you. I was searching through the Neil Young lessons - it has a real neil twang to it.

But no - you've taken his style and turned it into something all your own. Good for you.

I loved it. Keep them coming.

mmmbldo

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Well played and original too! This should serve to light a little creative fire under the rest of us...worthy of some Karma. :)

goldleaf

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 am

BobR wrote:
Gary, I thought it started a bit like Harvest Moon but then it went in another direction. You seem very relaxed and comfortable with it. Very good job.

Bob
Bob, Harvest Moon, actually the Drop "D" tuning was the inspiration for my piece. The Beefy-D as I've heard a few describe it led me to a few chords and it just kind of came together from there. I hope continuing to play TG songs inspires another one eventually. Thanks for your encouragement. A few of the posts mentioned the relaxed feeling, now that I look back I think it is the difference of playing a song that I made up VS one I am trying to memorize. I've struggled to learn Melissa for almost 3 weeks off and on. Thanks again. Gary

goldleaf

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:34 am

michelew wrote:
Simply beautiful Gary! Karma to you. I was searching through the Neil Young lessons - it has a real neil twang to it.

But no - you've taken his style and turned it into something all your own. Good for you.

I loved it. Keep them coming.
Michele, It was definitely inspired by Harvest Moon and Drop "D" tuning which I had not played before. I connected a few other chords and the rest just came after some experimenting. I hope another song on TG inspires another tune. Meanwhile I'll get back to some of the TG songs I've been working on. Gary

goldleaf

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:41 am

mmmbldo wrote:
Well played and original too! This should serve to light a little creative fire under the rest of us...worthy of some Karma. :)
MMM, Thanks for the encouragement. It would be great if my piece inspires some others, I hope so. For some reason when I played Harvest Moon in Drop D tuning the different sounds caused me to experiment with some other chords and sounds, I think there is a James Taylor part in there also, I just can't place what song it's from. Gary.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic