My First Video Upload - Still the Same

BobR

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi All,
I have been wanting to post a video since I joined and this is the first song that I found Neil teaching on Youtube so I thought it was fitting.

My webcam blurs all the motion so it's hard to see my hands so I tried using my digital camera so it's not that great, or maybe it's me :laugh: .

Anyway feedback welcome.

Thanks

Bob

tovo

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Bob great job mate, kudos for posting this Bob Seger tune one of my favourites for sure. I'm glad someone put it up.

I'm not the best person to give you sound technical advice, there are others who can and will, but I thought you would benefit from slowing it down a bit and trying to get more feel into it, as it felt a bit "racey" for me just listening. I reckon some of the hammer-ons in Neils video on the song would be good to work on as well as they add some more life to the tune.

Glad to see you managed to crack a smile as well! :)

Good on ya mate, karma coming your way.

haoli25

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Good job and more karma coming to you Bob. I also think it sounds fine. I do agree with Tony, you may slow it down just a little. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill

jayswett

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Wow. Watching that took me directly back to high school, driving around town in my parent's yellow station wagon with my girlfriend in the passenger seat, windows down, Bob Seeger playing in the tape deck. Unbelievable. I'm just going to enjoy that thought for a moment...

Okay, I'm back. The audio and video seemed quite good. The chords were clean for the most part with the only minor exception the barre cord. Strumming was smooth, perhaps a tad fast, but otherwise under control. Great first effort, and I hope this is the first of many videos from you. By the way, have I mentioned that your avatar is one of my favorites?

BobR

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'll take your advice and slow it down and hopefully put more feeling into it.

Bob

BobR

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'll take your advice and slow it down and hopefully put more feeling into it.

Bob

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 pm

HI Bob, Good effort on a cool song. Like the wee smile at about1.40 into it.
Yep its been said watch the tempo, I used to be pretty much like this race into it, recently started using the metronome and although not easy to start with it certainly helps. Also left hand needs to move down pulling that thumb more behind the neck. Amazing sooo many of us do that! I still do and half way through a tune I notice and correct it, you may find better hand position will help that change to the barre chords.

Karma for your first effort and a cool song.

__m__

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 pm

I WAS SO GONNA POST THIS SONG!!!

Actually, it was between this one and another I've been working on for a while, so thanks for helping me make that decision. Maybe in the next few days I'll have it up.

I thought you did well, Bob, and keep up the nice work!

FYI, I also play this a little to fast... ;)

haoli25

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Bob, check this out. Your version is only slightly faster.

Bill

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 am

Bob, that was great! Technically- I didn't see the blurring you were talking about. Sound and video seemed good. Your tempo might have been a bit fast- but you kept it steady throughout the song.

One thing I was adding in my head while you were playing was a walking bass line from G back to C. You might want to try to add that for flavour.

Karma!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic