My First Video Upload - Still the Same

Yamaha48

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:56 am

Hello Bob.

Youre welcome here,and that you will share this nice song.
Bob Seger,i remember me the song Main street,and this one still the same.
This video is a good start fore you,so that you can see it later back.
When you make progression in this song.
Karma fore you my friend.
I hope you make another video when you make progression on this nice song.

Greet from the Netherlands Anton

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:44 am

You're right Suzi. I actually found somewhere else that this was discussed on the forums. Here is Neil's response describing the run. I think he actually played it this way in the play through, but didn't get to describing it in the lesson.

It is just descending bass notes leading to the C chord. It starts on the 3rd beat of the measure and is F-E-D all on the D string and 2 beats apart. I played the G chord using my 2nd finger on the low G so I could keep that down through the run.

Neil

dennisg

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Bob,

Very nicely done. I don't have a problem at all with the tempo. First, I don't think you're playing it too fast. Second, whatever speed you've chosen, you manage, for the most part, to maintain it throughout the song. I completely agree with Al that the song is crying for a bass run after the G chord. (I can hear it in my head.) I also have a feeling that you might want to do some strength exercises for your left hand so you can nail that F chord. One thing I've found helpful is to just squeeze a tennis ball while watching TV. It'll make a huge difference in your ability to hit barre chords cleanly.

All in all, you look calm and relaxed. Good to hear that song again after so many years spent avoiding Bob Seger. I'd like to hear you sing it, too, although you might have to change the key. Seger had a surprisingly high voice.

Karma to you.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Moondog

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Great job!

Having heard you play it I think I will have to give it a go myself

Karma to ya my friend

Mike

reiver

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Bob

Can't add much to what's been said. Very enjoyable. A bit of change of emphasis on some of the strokes will help the song along as you get more familiar with the chord changes and strumming pattern, but these thing will come with time. Great post, great song...

r

forgot to add.......have some karma.

RicksPick

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Bob

Very well done
Nice sound and strum
Listened then listened to original
Then you again, you got it, well done
K4U

RicksPick

mmmbldo

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

I don't have any suggestions that already been given. Just wanted to say that you did a good jon and that I enjoyed the video.

BobR

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 pm

To All,

I'll listen to the youtube video you embedded and I will definitely try the Bass run. I'll need to pick up the tennis ball for my strength exercises. :woohoo:

Again thank you everyone for your constructive critiques.

Bob

jayswett

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 am

Any chance you'd consider posting an update on this song? I'd like to see that base run.

BobR

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:02 pm

I am planning on it but I was not exactly sure when. I will give it a try this week.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic