Love Story by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Here's a simple but lovely song from way back which has never had a mention on TG as far as I know, so I'm reviving it here: The Theme song from the film Love story. With a few arpeggios and a little strumming on Em, B7, Cmaj7, AM. D7, Gmaj9 Not Gmaj7! sorry! The film was a real tear-jerker.... I hope my video isn't!! Comments welcome.

reiver

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Very nice Chris - and only about 1 1/2 octaves above my singing range.

Karma coming up

r

michelew

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Great Chris! Karma to you. No tears this time, but if you slow it down a little I'm sure that you'll achieve them.

Very nice playing and signing.

M.

dennisg

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Very nicely done, Chris. Perfect tempo throughout. Excellent fingerpicking. You even have a really sweet voice. You're good enough to play in public.

I can just imagine you playing in some little divey New York coffee shop. It's three in the morning, some bleary-eyed patrons staring into their mugs, listening to you sing the theme from Love Story. The manager walks over to you and says, "Hey, buddy, you got anything just a little more uptempo? Everything you play is either too fast or too slow!" You stare at him in disbelief, the corner of your mouth curling up into a sneer. "I live in Switzerland, dammit!" you say. "We're supposed to be neutral!"

I'm bored today.

- Beefy D

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks guys!
R: That was my LOW voice! Note the capo to take it up a bit so it's not too low for me! ;-)
Michele: I just can't get songs any slower than that! Listened to the Andy Williams version just now and it is a lot slower... but there's all those other instruments filling in the gaps. ;-)
Dennis: I do need to be in my NY state of mind to play that ;-)
If you're a little bored... grab your guitar and make us a video! ;-)

tovo

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Ah HA! You are a sneaky fellow aren't you! For everyone else, I asked Chris maybe 4 times yesterday in a conversation when his next smash hit would be out and he kept side-stepping the question. NOW it all makes sense! :)

Great job again, as Dennis said certainly good enough to play in public. If I am to add anything constructive I would say I support Michele's comments, I reckon you could get so much more emotion into it by slowing it down a touch. That's not a criticism of what is already excellent, just a suggestion to improve it more.

Massive thumbs up from me squashman. (would that stick? Doubt it!)

suziko

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Beautiful, Chris!! Play this in a coffee-shop and watch people swoooon!!

I think I saw that movie a long time ago, back when Ryan O'Neil was still hunky, but I don't remember the song. It's very lovely. Thumbs up!

Suz

lmc831

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi Chris,

That was really nice. You must have been in your basement(?), the room made the music and your voice sound really good. How about "Songbird".

Lisa :)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Many thanks guys/girls!

Tony: No BS, I didn't know I would post this day before yesterday when you asked me.... just decided it was time to post another song after you asked... so thanks for jogging me!
Er, and
Massive thumbs up from me squashman. (would that stick? Doubt it!)
...just depends whether its the thumbs or name that has to stick!! :blush:

Thanks Suzi... yes, that was when Ryan O'Neil was still hunky and men were men and women were, er, you know.... scrumptious! Coffee shop song ;-).

Thanks Lisa, the acoustics are not bad in the living room. I walked through the hallway with guitar around my neck practising the song on my way into the room and it sounded better in the hallway... may move there next time! My computer mike handles it surprisingly well.
Er, and how did you know that I like playing songbird? I play a sort of mix between Christine McVie and Eva Cassidy's version.

RicksPick

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Chris

Recognized it straight away

Very nice and nicely done

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic