Love Story by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:31 am

Many thanks for listening and commenting guys!
@Bob, It was a big tune way back then and I haven't heard it played on radio for 25 years or more so I thought I'd revive it for us here. I can only encourage you to hum along when you play something and then try to replace the humming with the words, then singing and playing becomes natural.
@jay, thank you Jay! I wish I could make the video presence a little more interesting. At the moment I just focus on not stuffing up! I haven't learned how to look at the camera or put something extra (a little attitude!) into it yet and I'd like to get a clearer picture... my face isn't fuzzy and pasty in real life! the white walls (background) here make videoing with a webcam quite difficult. I'm not sure how I found the chords I just listened or checked out ultimateguitar.com. Hardest part was finding a way of playing that wasn't just strumming, which would have been boring.
@Chas. Angelic voice?... I remember those pre-puberty days! ;-). Thanks mate!
@Michele. Karma in advance! Who taught you such dirty tricks!!:-)
@Willem. Thanks Willem! If you or anyone would like the chords and lyrics, I can send that, just pm with your email.

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 am

Great job, Chris! Definitely worthy of some karma!

Yamaha48

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:46 am

Hello Chris.

What a nice song love storry.
Manny years ago,it was a nice movie.
Chris you have a nice voice to sing this song,and play on the guitar sounds perfect fore me.
The finger picking and later the strumming is nice,give a nice feeling.
Karma fore you my friend.
Greet Anton

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 am

Many thanks Al and Anton. I have to keep posting to keep up with you two!
Keep yours coming too!

mmmbldo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Chris,

That was so worth the listen. Great job with that one...lovely. I want to give you some karma too....how do I do that? Nancy

mmmbldo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Very nicely played and sung! What I would like to know is if you already had all of that information on Ali McGraw on the tip of your tongue....mmmmm? ;)

goldleaf

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Chris, that was really great, you have a great voice and your guitar playing sounded like you didn't make any little mistakes. Keep them coming, with the ability to sing there are so many beautiful songs available to you, I am envious. I tried to sing "Melissa" and could not get a take where I didn't forget the words or the chords, I finally and learning to play some melody along with the chords so my time wasn't a total waste. It clearly comes natural to you. I agree that you could entertain a group of people who would love to hear you sing and play. Gary

tovo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

nbraff wrote:
Chris,

That was so worth the listen. Great job with that one...lovely. I want to give you some karma too....how do I do that? Nancy
Nancy just go to one of Neverfoundthetime's entries and click on the green thumbs up.

I usually click the red thumbs down for Chris because I'm so jealous! ;)

reiver

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:49 pm

tovo wrote:
nbraff wrote:
Chris,

Nancy just go to one of Neverfoundthetime's entries and click on the green thumbs up.

I usually click the red thumbs down for Chris because I'm so jealous! ;)
Thank you!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Nancy, just click on the green button next to my name on any forum post. Then you have given me a positive stroke. You can do this every day first thing if you like! Just kidding.... but make sure you ignore that rascal tovo, not kidding :-)
mmmbldo, thanks! NO I looked up the info on Ali McGraw specially for Bill!
Gary, many thanks! When you know my focus is singing and playing the guitar is the bit I have to learn so I can sing, puts things into perspective. I can't play the blues like you can!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic