Love Story by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks Rick. I'm amazed you recognised it.... I actually sang
"the tweet love story that is older than the seas"
Should have been sweet but I usually sing true and wanted to get it right on the recording... scrambled it!

BigBear

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Chris- that was really beautiful!! I love that song. I don't think I've ever heard it played on the guitar but rather on the piano. Really a nice version fingerpicked like that.

You certainly have the voice to do that song justice. I'd have to go to the doctor after I tried to sing that! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy your non-TARGET songs!

Sehr gut getan!!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks Bear! You are right, I've only ever heard it on piano and orchestra ... this would be Andy Williams' version, the one I know best.
Here's a hunky looking Ryan O'Neil for Suzi! It's really ironic and sad though, that he just went through, in real live with Farra Foawcett, the same scenario as in the film

haoli25

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Okay Chris, sign me up to buy your first CD!

BRAVO!!!!! You did a great job on that song. Karma to you.

Now, my question, what ever happened to Ali MacGraw?

Bill Image

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks Bill, you are a kind man! A video has not been properly reviewed until you post those clapping hands.

Ali Mcgraw?
From 1961 to 1962, she was married to banker Robin Hoen. On October 24, 1969, MacGraw married film producer Robert Evans, becoming the third of his seven wives. Their son, Josh Evans, was born on January 16, 1971. The couple divorced in 1972 after she became involved with Steve McQueen on the set of The Getaway. Despite being divorced from him, she and Evans are on good terms and have since made several public appearances together. MacGraw married McQueen on July 13, 1973. McQueen filed for divorce in 1978 after he became involved with another woman. MacGraw has not since remarried. Her daughter-in-law is actress Charis Michelsen.

She divides her time living in her homes in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and Los Angeles, California.

She was doing yoga video in the 90's she will be 71 now!

BobR

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Chris,
I do remember that song when the movie originally came out. I didn't think I would hear it played on the guitar almost 40 years later and enjoy it but I really did. Your singing is very good.

I just wish I could sing and play at the same time.
Excellent job.

Bob

jayswett

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Sensational. Not only does your guitar playing get better with every video, so does your stage presence. Your singing has always been great. How did you come up with those chords?

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 am

Ok thats the play through, now how about the left hand vid , right hand vid, break down, slow play with nome then the playalong normal speed vid not forgetting the PDF tab of course.

Well done Chris, I recall singing that when I were a lad and still had an angelic voice (ahem) not now though lol. have a bit of karma mate

Good on ya mate!

michelew

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:27 am

I love 'Songbird'! I look forward to that video - I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job. OK here's your Karma in advance for that one! Ha ha.......

willem

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 am

Hoi Chris,what a inspiring video,you suprise us whit this,, a Xmas suprise i would say,,, maybe you can make us a tab,write the words down with the chords above,,karmasatisfaction....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic