What Child Is This?- Suziko

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Al and Andy- thanks for the kind words and the karma!

Dennis- currently I'm recording with my point-and-shoot digital camera. After about 10 minutes, the memory is totally full and I need to upload it to the computer. So, just leaving the camera running so that I can get used to filming myself is not yet an option. But, as I told you in a PM, I'm getting a better video camera for Christmas. Hopefully that'll make the whole filming process more do-able for me, and will help me to get over my on-camera jitters.

MJ- I would buy Emma a guitar in a heart beat if I thought she'd actually play it and not just let it gather dust. For now, she's just not interested, unfortunately. Oh well- I was a late bloomer in many ways, so maybe she will be, too!

michelew

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:46 pm

WOW Suzi - that was really beautiful!!! - I need to learn it too - I love that song. Damn and i've broken by thumb nail...

...back to you....

That was really beautiful and good for you are all of those firsts. Nice strap too - you look comfortable with it now. Nd you're off and running on fingerstyle songs - nice first choice.

First take hey.....my God woman you really lifted the bar on that one. Very few mistakes too - wow.

And the challenge is on guys - post video after first take - OK I'm never going to be able to post a video again.

OK I'm off to work so won't say any more except - I loved it.

KARMA to you!

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Michele,

I have no fingernails on either hand. I am sure they make fingerpicking much easier (and it might sound nicer), but it is possible w/o them.

Re. the first take- I'm making no promises that I'll post my first take every time from now on! I felt like this one was good enough; not flawless, but a pretty good indicator of how I was doing with the song, so I posted it. I don't think people need to do their first take, but I do think we all shouldn't sweat too much about the video we're posting.

Thanks for your support and for the karma! Suzi

dennisg

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Suzi,

I should have prefaced my post by saying it's directed at anyone who's getting the jitters when they turn the camera on. Having it on (or at least present) all the time can help tremendously.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey Suzi, really good! Brilliant progress! Nice style and timing. What a lovely video perfectly clear, with tree, your shiny new guitar and your wonderful self. Wow! You could send it to all your friends and relatives as a digital Christmas card, perfect! You are really getting into this guitar playing thang, eh? ;-) Christkindlefications from the Karma chameleon to your sweet self.

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Dennis- Good advice!

Chris- Thank you so much! If I hadn't botched that one note (and then stopped to pick it up- bad move!) I would consider sending it as a digital Christmas card. As it is, though... nah!

jayswett

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:09 pm

I have nothing more to add to what has already been said. Beautiful song done so nicely. I honestly believe you have some natural talent that many of us don't. I'm sure you will object to that statement, but based on your progress over the last several months, any casual observer is likely to agree with me. Like Michele, I intend to start working on this song tonight.

goldleaf

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Suzi, sorry I'm late getting in here. Another great job, especially the timing and classical position. You just keep improving. I look forward to your next vid. You also chose a very nice song, especially for X-mas. Gary

eagle670

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Anyone having trouble viewing the video? I tried to watch it on youtube as well and it does'nt load. All the other videos do though. I am wondering if the file is corupt.

aitch

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Nice job Suzi. That Taylor's got some nice tone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic