What Child Is This?- Suziko

jayswett

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Please do!

reiver

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Suzi

Had to go to YT to hear this carol. Hope you can find the time to post - especially as you've managed to work it out for yourself. Good feeling isn't it. Whether or not you get round to posting, congratulations on another milestone

r

will you be singing in french???

suziko

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 am

Jay- I will do my best to post it, if not this week than next week.

Reiver- It's not a well-known carol, at least not in America. I do know it in French, as that was how I learned it way back in high school (in my french class). But I don't think I'll be subjecting anyone to my singing just yet!

ncsurfer

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm

suzi, that video is wonderful and peaceful. I need to log in more often or I'm going to miss these things. Hope to see more from you.

jayswett

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:27 am

This song is a 2? Having spent the last couple of days trying to learn it, I must say it seems more tricky than that. Suzi, you made it look easy, and I keep coming back to your vid for some pointers. Any chance you'd be wiling to make a video of Silent Night? I've been trying to learn that one, too. Running out of time, though, with Christmas two days away. I should have gotten started sooner.

suziko

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am

ncsurfer- Thanks so much and I'm really glad you enjoyed!

jay- Funny how we all keep saying that, regarding the difficulty level. I worked on it a lot for close to 2 weeks; some of the transitions I played over and over again to get right. In particular that transition from the Am to F (seen first in the 6th and 7th measure). But there are several tricky spots. I'm sure you can play this song and I hope you have time to put together a video of it.

I'd love to post Silent Night....if I could play it! I started looking at it but never really tried to learn it. It'll have to happen next year I guess.

I'm still hoping to post a video for "Un Flambeau, Janette, Isabelle" but, as I mentioned in another thread, both my daughter and husband got really sick this week. Combine taking care of them with preparing for Xmas guests and shoveling the snow we got yesterday by myself, and it leaves me little time to work on any songs. Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I didn't even open my guitar case :( I'll see if I can post it next week some time; a little late for a Christmas carol, but.....

johnrfeeney

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 am

really very good, only repetition is going to make it even better
outstanding

suziko

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 pm

John- Thanks! yes, repetition is always in order. No song is really ever "done" is it? ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic