What Child Is This?- Suziko

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Mike and Kevin- I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought this was a challenging "level 2" song. I kept attributing it to me being such a novice fingerstyle guitarist (which is probably at least part of it!). I think some of it is the timing, which is why I ended up working with a metronome.

Bear- Thank you. Two for the price of one- I like that!

Reiver- Thanks for all of your kind words and the karma. Can you play the broom? 'Cos that would be the perfect accompaniment to this song ;)

jayswett

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Hmm. Can't seem to pull it up. I'll try when I get home tonight...

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Bravo, Suzi, You know your problem ...you don't post enough videos here, the more you do the more relaxed you'll be. Great job. Now, I just need to heed my own advice lol. Off on Annual Leave from this Friday so hopefully get some traction on that vid i'm working on.

Well done young lady karma zooming across the pacific as I type...

Good on ya mate

Chas

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Chas- Post more videos? I think I might oversaturate the market! ;)

But I sure would like to see something from you! What a nice present that would be for all of us.

Thanks for the karma! Suzi

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

suziko wrote:
Chas- Post more videos? I think I might oversaturate the market! ;)

But I sure would like to see something from you! What a nice present that would be for all of us.

Thanks for the karma! Suzi
My current goal is to get a vid completed before Christmas, not a prezzie for you guys , just a challenge to me lol.

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Suzi, that was great! I looked back at a few of your earlier vidoes and your progress in just a couple of months is AMAZING. You should be really pleased! Keep the vid's coming... Nancy

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Nancy, What a nice thing to say! Joining TG and the Target program was the best thing I could have done to improve my playing. And, of course, practicing A LOT!

Chas- Just because it's a challenge for you doesn't mean it won't be a prezzie for us :) I can't wait to see it!

dennisg

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Suzi ... absolutely beautiful. I'm proud of you! That's a hard song to play.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

wrench

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:28 pm

VERY nice Suzi. Perfect, no, but still really enjoyable to listen to. I'm impressed with the first take.

For the constructive criticism segment, and I have no authority to say this because I'm awful at fingerstyle, but your right hand looks a little "clawed" instead of more "thumbs up". But it still sounded fine.

Lots of Kudos for posting the first take and knowing it's not perfect, but I think we're coming to realize here that imperfect is still fun, pleasant to listen to, very worthy of respect, and provides a baseline by which to gauge our progress.

I think Mark is right about the camera jitters going away. It doesn't phase me at all anymore. Neil's advice on the last TG Live is right on the money. Don't start the camera with the intention or expectation that you will play a piece better than you ever have before. Just play it as good as you can at the time.

Great Job Suzi!

wrench

Lavallee

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Very good Suzi, as others have mentioned your left hand is a good example to follow, we cannot see the thumb and there is no extra movement from the hand only the fingers are moving. Your timing is good.

Karma for you. There is not too many video from a a single person. The videos give you a reference that you can go back at and compare. It is enjoyable from everybody to see the progress as it motivate not only the person doing it but the viewers to do something about their own playing.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic