What Child Is This?- Suziko

suziko

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks, Willem! Even if you can't give me Karma, I appreciate the thought :)

Suzi

nemastetaylor

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 am

wow that was great!! the strap looks good too. You can sit near the fireplace while it is snowing outside and play that beautiful song. I did notice that you do cut off a few notes early throughout the song. I do that too. I hope to learn this nice song also. I have been swamped at work and I haven't played my guitar in two weeks. uggg.

Nemaste :)

AndyT

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 am

Willem,
We give Pizza points now. you can not see them or taste them or do anything with them but its still fun to give them!

(Pizza points. LOL I can see me trying to explain them to my wife....)

willem

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am

I give susy '''stroopwaffel'''a dozen!!!!

jim56

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:59 am

Miss Suzi,

that was simply beautiful. very nice setting next tyo your tree. thanks for sharing. -Jim

suziko

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 am

Nemaste- You're right about some of those cut off notes. I noticed in particular with that passing bass note (a B note) that connects an E chord to a C chord. It seems like it should ring out longer, but in order to get to that C I need to lift my finger off. Hmmm.... maybe I need to experiment more with that....

Willem- Personally, I'd rather have stroopwaffel points!

Jim- Thanks for your comment. I tried to "set the scene" with this video. I should have had my husband standing over me, sifting soap flakes down onto the floor ;)

dekotaj

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am

BRAVO.And Marry Christ mas to you all. :) :)

suziko

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Dekotaj- Thanks, and welcome to TG! Suzi

jayswett

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Just watched this again in preparation for learning it. Bill started a post regarding goals for 2010. I need to put some thought into that, but for today, my goal is to learn this song. Once again, nicely done, Suzi.

suziko

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Jay, Thanks. I'll be interested to hear how you fare with this song. I'm sure you will learn it in no time. I'd love to see a video of your rendition, if you feel like putting one up.

Yesterday I took a look at another old Chrismas carol- "Un Flambeau, Janette, Isabelle" ("Bring a Torch, Janette, Isabelle"). It was written somewhere around the same time as Greensleeves and is in the same key. I only had the melody to it, but based on what I'd learned from Greensleeves, I was able to put together a very simple fingerstyle arrangement for it. It was the first time I'd done anything of the sort and I was pretty proud of myself! If I can get it sounding nicely in the next day or so, and if I have time to put together a video, I'll post it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic