Temo44 - Test intro nothing else matters

BobR

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Temo,

Just two weeks? Wow that was good. I guess they say the first one is the hardest. I have only posted one video myself. I am going to attempt a second posting hopefully with some improvements.

Anyway great job.

Bob

TGMatt

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Timo

THis video is very special..

Before TG was a sparkle in my eye, I waltzed into Neils studio and the first song I wanted to learn as a new Guitar student was this song...

Then over time Neil and I built TG, then we got Big Jim and some other staff members on and it became obvious to me that this tune needed to be in our repetoire..So their is a little history for you here..

Great job, and keep it going mate..

Cheers

Matt

willem

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Hallo Timo,,sooooooo,,your first vid and good tips to,,, If you wonder about to join a group(acousticAL say something about it),just klik on his, or a other profile name and see what group there are,,,i the mean time i try to make you a friend,,just go to youur own profile and see your inbox...

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Hello Temo.
You do a good job with this nice tune.
Welcome by the TG fammely.

Greet Anton

tovo

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey Temo, kudos for having the confidence to post a video so quickly, good job on what you have learned so far for sure.

I liked you comment about receiving positive feedback rather than abuse as you would if you just posted on Youtube. For every sincere comment you have to wade through 10 posts from sad people who just use the opportunity to abuse people. You WON'T get that here. Everyone is keen to help you improve and that type of negative stuff doesn't fly. If there is a problem folks will tell you but in a constructive, positive way.

Glad you found us.

michelew

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Temo,

Impressive progress. I'm sure we'll be seeing great things from you. And a courageous man too, you look so calm and controlled.

You inspired me to check out that song.

Thanks

Michele

temo44

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

@heyjoe Thanks for the tip... I still think the metronome of an annoying bleeping thing, but it helped me with the beginner version of lucky man :-). I think I'll use it for more songs. It's just the feeling that you have to learn the notes and strums by heart and then use the metronome, cause maybe you'll get stressed out by the bleeps? Might be my thought on it :blush:

@BobR I think it was 2 or 3 weeks practicing this particular song yes... I hope you'll post more of your vids! I saw your first one, and it sounded amazing! Also a better camera then mine :-)

@TGMatt To be completely honest, I dropped playing the guitar once, because of the time struggle with school and money. This song helped me get my inspiration back on playing the guitar. Cool that it has such a big history here for TG!
Now it's not only Nothing Else Matters, but also songs like House of the Rising Sun song, it has such a great sound!

@Willem Oh I haven't really looked into that stuff yet. I'm going to look in my inbox right away!

@Tovo Thanks :-). I wish that people could be less mindless about commenting.

@Michele Thanks you! I'm actually not that afraid of the camera, but when someone is sitting next to me it's a whole other story. When you play in front of a camera, when you don't like the clip you created, just make another, repeat that, and you'll stop getting nervous(maybe get a little frustrated, but it's better than being tense I think :-) ). And it's good to hear I inspired you with my strained skills! It's one of the most beautiful songs I know!

With a community like this, I think this is the best hobby that has ever happened to me.. Lik one big family :-D

Lavallee

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:09 am

Hi Temo, I will join my voice to the other comments, excellent playing for this new song. I thought that you mastered very well that long stretch at the beginning in the short time you have been practicing it and you have the rhythm right on.

Looking forward to see the next part

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic