MarkM - The Beatles Cry Baby Cry - First Video

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey Mark, welcome to the video poster's club! Great job on the strumming and sound coming out of that guitar. You've had the coaching so I'll just be joining the cheerleaders here. Well done.
Pizza to you!

MarkM

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks All!!! Just got back from my dinner meeting and it was nice to see all the feedback. A few points.....

- Ah underwear.. I must have gotten it backwards. I was imagining me the in the underwear. It all makes sense now :ohmy:
- Yea accenting the first and third is what I normally do messing around. Need to concentrate on that on the video instead of thinking of my underwear......
- Lighting. Well what I was trying to do was to show the backyard all covered in snow. Looks like the camera just focused on me instead. That's a shame.
- vacation.. I'll be home all week so tips your bartenders and waitstaff... I'll get some more up. Possibly some Neil Young

Once again thanks for your support. I'm glad you recognized the song. Now if I can get my car singing voice on tape with me actually playing at the same time......... :S

MarkM

BobR

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Mark,

I have to admit I was not familiar with that song( and I just watched the Beatles last night). Anyway I went to you tube and listened after hearing your version. Nicely done!!! Keep em coming.

Bob

dennisg

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 am

MarkM wrote:
Ah underwear.. I must have gotten it backwards.
Most people stop putting their underwear on backwards at about 5 years old. But who am I to judge?

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Lavallee

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Mark, congratulation on that first video. It is a good idea to start with something you are familiar for that first video. As the others have mentioned your chord change is very good and so is your timing. Once you work out the strumming emphasis, it would be nice if you could edit this post with your new version.

Marc

ncsurfer

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Well done! Looking forward to the next song already. Nice Taylor!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic