MarkM Norwegian Wood

tovo

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm

MarkM wrote:
Thanks all. As for that "bum" note. Well maybe you are seeing it during the middle section where there is supposed to be an A I am using an A7. Also during the G chord I throw my index finger and hit the D string on the second fret. Not sure what chord that one is. I do this for no other reason than I like the sound better. If this isn't what you are seeing/hearing please let me know. I don't think I deviated from Neil's version other than what I mentioned above.

Thanks,

MarkM
I thought it intentional and as I said I quite like it as well. You have said "I like the sound better" and that's cool. I would say I prefer the more standard version but I very much like that you have the confidence to finger it as you prefer. I would give you karma but can't so have a pizza!

temo44

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Waw Mark nicely played! Hoping to be on that level after some time =)

suziko

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Mark,

Nice job! I've been working on that song for a while. For a level 2 song, it's trickier than it seems. You did a nice job with it. The hammer-on/pull-off combo is not easy, but yours sounded really solid. Thanks for posting!

reiver

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Mark

Just to clarify, the pattern which differs from the original – and Neil’s – is when you would sing the lyric “or should I say”, in the first verse. You play F#, G#, F#, E instead of F#, E, G#, E. But if you prefer it that way, then that’s no problem. Was just trying to point out the difference.

Very well played throughout. Nice post.

r

jayswett

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Very solid effort. My sense was that it was perhaps a bit fast in terms of tempo, but not sure about that. Nemaste posted a version of this song a couple of months ago during which she demonstrates the pinky hammer on-pull off maneuver very nicely. Can't say I've mastered that yet. Oh, and that Taylor? Sounds great. I covet both yours and Suzi's. One day....

BobR

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi Mark,

I agree for a 2 song it's a bit trickier than it seems. You do it well though. I have noticed you use the capo I have not tried that yet.

Good Job

Bob

michelew

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 am

Great job Mark - my ear needs to get used to your variation but your playing is solid, smooth, even and confident I've started working on this song but it'll be a while before I achieve your level.

Goog job - pizza to you!

mark

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 am

Really good job.
You are getting a really good tone from that guitar.

I used to see a guy play this and he used to play it differently depending on whether he was singing or not at the time.
If he was singing he would play it very much like you are (with quite full strumming). If he was playing an instrumental verse he would pick out the melody notes on their own (and fill in with strums) to give it a bit more of a solo feel.
Hope that makes sense.

I agree it's a difficult song for a 2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic