MarkM Norwegian Wood

MarkM

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Good afternoon all. Had some time today to try another. Your still stuck with the background though. Not my best effort here but it'll do. I hope you and enjoy it and as always I welcome the advice.

Ah one'a, and ah two'a, and a three'a........

Takes 1000 and 1001................

Yamaha48

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Hello MarkM.

Take 1000 and maby more,you do a good job mate.
Nice to see you again and thanks fore share this video.
Greet Anton

dennisg

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Mark,

I love what you're doing with this song. It's beautiful, and you have my utmost admiration.

One thing I want to point out: you're playing an incorrect note. At first, I thought maybe you just hit a clunker, but you repeat it several times in the song, so I have to believe it's intentional. Because I don't have the tab in front of me, and because your video is so dark I can't see what's happening on the fretboard, I can't tell you exactly where it is, but I think it's in the third bar. Maybe someone who's more familiar with the song can pinpoint it for you.

Otherwise, a great effort.

- Dennis

willem

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Mark, nice tune isn't,,like your pinky pull off,,i can't,,i do the easy way,,,only thing to say,,,,,try to get your wrist low...but for me it sounded nice...goodluck on your yourney..

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey Mark, turning into a recording artist! Well done on this song. Great job! Agree with Dennis, there is a bum note in there.... not bad, one bum note from so many! Pizza to you!
PS: Tovo will be really pleased you posted this. He'll explain, no doubt, when he comes along later!

tovo

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Mark. I reckon I have done about 2000 takes on this so you are 999 ahead of me! lol. Good job. Like Dennis I picked up that you are fingering it differently to Neil's lesson but I assume that is intentional and I very much like your version. For a tune classified as a 2, I must say I have found it quite difficult, and still don't have it down to a point where I feel I can post a reasonable effort, so you have my admiration.

Great job.

willem

dennisg wrote:
Mark,

I love what you're doing with this song. It's beautiful, and you have my utmost admiration.

One thing I want to point out: you're playing an incorrect note. At first, I thought maybe you just hit a clunker, but you repeat it several times in the song, so I have to believe it's intentional. Because I don't have the tab in front of me, and because your video is so dark I can't see what's happening on the fretboard, I can't tell you exactly where it is, but I think it's in the third bar. Maybe someone who's more familiar with the song can pinpoint it for you.

Otherwise, a great effort.

- Dennis
I''m not certain, but i think you mist one bass note on ''or must i say,she ones had me..

neverfoundthetime

Look forward to your version to Tony! ;-)

willem

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm

you did fine Mark..

MarkM

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks all. As for that "bum" note. Well maybe you are seeing it during the middle section where there is supposed to be an A I am using an A7. Also during the G chord I throw my index finger and hit the D string on the second fret. Not sure what chord that one is. I do this for no other reason than I like the sound better. If this isn't what you are seeing/hearing please let me know. I don't think I deviated from Neil's version other than what I mentioned above.

Thanks,

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic