2nd Take on Still the Same with a Bass run.

BobR

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Well here is my take on trying the Bass run from the G to the C in Still the same. I did much better when the camera was off. :laugh: And I didn't quite finish the song :( . I did throw in a different change in the chorus from the G to the C. G G7 G6 back to G. Hope you can tell.

Thanks
Bob

reiver

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Bob

Lots of improvement there. Not just the bass run, but the general strumming seemed a lot lighter. Good going. And the F chords don't seem to catch by surprise so much. :)

r

tovo

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I agree with Reiver Bob, much more interesting with the bass runs but much better job overall as well. Good stuff.

jayswett

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm

The bass run sounds great, and the song overall sounds better. Thanks for posting the followup vid. I love seeing the followups. How do you like that Alvarez?

Lavallee

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Nice improvement Bob, the strumming is more natural. If anything I would suggest to put more emphasis on the chords using the big strings, like G and E similar to when you use the F chord which is perfect as you emphasize the big string. When you use the G and E we hear more of the small strings than the big strings keeping the song in a similar tonality. If you listen to the F chord, you will notice that you hit mainly the big strings giving a deeper sound changing the tonality which is good.

Glad you you did that second take.

Marc

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Nice work, Bob!

Strumming and chords look natural and easy for you. I also like the way you do the base run as well-- keeping your low G fretted while you do the base run down the D string with your middle finger. That lets you play all six strings. The way I was doing it, I could only play the top 4 strings.

BobR

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

r,tovo,jay,marc,al - thanks for the positive feedback. I wanted to post another song but I am not too good at the youtube to TG thing yet. Seems to take me forever.

My next post Won't be this song. :laugh:

Bob

BobR

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Jay, I meant to say I really like the Alvarez. The only thing is I wish it was a cutaway.

Time to call it a night.

Bob

MarkM

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:42 am

Bob,

Nicely done. Bass run sounds very good and you've got a solid strum pattern going. Tempo is great as well. I've been messing around with this song here and there since Neil put it out. I havn't incorporated the bass run yet but may give it a try soon as you make it sound much more interesting. Guitar sounds nice and full as well.

MarkM

suziko

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 am

Bob,

Wow, I really liked this a lot! The bass run sounds great; adds a lot of flavor to the song and you handled it very nicely- totally smooth. I also really liked the change you did to the chorus. I think I might like it better than what's in Neil's TAB.

My first guitar was an Alvarez. It has a really nice, full sound for a guitar that was not that expensive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic