'Tears in Heaven' by AcousticAl

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:26 am

Nicely done Al. Off interest Clapton uses his thumb for the top string against the rules!

RicksPick

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 am

Very nice Al

Will be checking back several times
to help me with my practice of this tune
Several months ahead of me
Sound good to me M8

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 am

Hey Al, really good job on Tears! Everything is there and it's flowing well. Nice sound and video. Joining the parts up so that there is total flow is the only improvement I can suggest, but I know you're working on that. So, great job!
You can order the pizzas, I'm paying!

PS: Oh and nice touch with the stick on beard.... but that won't quite do it with the kids when you're playing Santa! Er, who ever else you play with a beard for Festiva!

michelew

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 am

Beautiful Al! I too hope to play this song some day. I don't know whether you've got the timing right, I know that is is a little difficult to get right though. Have you tried playing it while listening to the song? I know its a bit obvious, but if you haven't that should keep you to adjust the timing if you need to.

I love your work! Double oizza points to you. That is one up side to pizza points - you don't need to wait for them to recharge.

Michele

Catman

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:29 am

I'm working on this too. You're right about the timing being tricky. But the effort is well worth it to be able to play this beautiful and moving song.

willem

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:14 am

Well, well Al,that you did very well, i love that song,,for me it is not thinking of the story,,anybody can make his own story on any song,this song is worth to learn,you can even think on it as a Xmas song,,the whole year you don't hear the song and with Christmas he comes along(radio),,,cheeese

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:57 am

tovo wrote:
Al I love that tune and would sure love to be able to play it as well as you do. I don't feel that I can offer you any really good technical advice. My observation was just that there were a couple of sections that flowed slightly less well than the song did overall but that is clearly just practice. Did you get the TAB from your guitar teacher or?

Thanks Tony.

I learned most of it from my instructor- then got the tab online after I stopped the live lessons. I'll pm you a link..

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:00 am

Rick, your version made me pick this song up again after now playing it for a long time, so thank you.

Chas- didn't know that about Clapton- but he can break every rule in the book. HE'S CLAPTON!!

:)

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks Michele and Chris.

Michele, I'm pretty sure I have most of the timing correct- it's just the middle part where the picking pattern changes that I need to look into some more. I'm actually a stickler for stuff like that. I haven't played along with the song, but it's a good suggestion that I'll try soon.

Chris- thanks for commenting. I know you're not a fan of the song in general. Re. the beard, I figured I need a disguise if I'm going to keep showing my mug!

:P

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 am

Catman wrote:
I'm working on this too. You're right about the timing being tricky. But the effort is well worth it to be able to play this beautiful and moving song.
Thanks David.

Looking forward to your video to show your progress..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic