'Tears in Heaven' by AcousticAl

jayswett

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Watched this again. So nice. Can't wait for an update at some point. Any chance, by the way, that we will hear you add some vocals to one of your songs? The reason I ask is that tonight, using audacity, I laid down a Blackbird track on the guitar, then added the vocals separately. It sounded awful, but it was easy to do from a technical standpoint, and I was thinking that it's a good way to add vocals for those who have trouble playing and singing at the same time.

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Thanks again for people that took the time to comment since my last post.

Jay- about your inquiry..
How would I best describe my singing ability? I kill at karaoki-- but that's because I'm more of an imitator than a singer.

As far as my real singing voice goes-- I can carry a tune, but I have a very small range. If the song isn't in my range, then it's just a mess.

I guess I'd say 'never say never'.. but I highly doubt I'll be posting me singing on TG.

Lavallee

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

How would I best describe my singing ability? I kill at karaoki-- but that's because I'm more of an imitator than a singer.

As far as my real singing voice goes-- I can carry a tune, but I have a very small range. If the song isn't in my range, then it's just a mess.

I guess I'd say 'never say never'.. but I highly doubt I'll be posting me singing on TG.
Hey Al if you can imitate someone, play his song, whether it is an imitation or your real voice does not mather. If you can, why no?

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:15 am

Lavallee wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

Hey Al if you can imitate someone, play his song, whether it is an imitation or your real voice does not mather. If you can, why no?

Marc

Careful what you wish for, Marc & Jay! We'll see what 2010 brings.

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 am

Sounds promising!

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 pm

My only promise is that I'll keep posting GUITAR vids in 2010. (Maybe a couple more in 2009 too!) But no promise on singing :)

d_dog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

Way to go Al, very nice work. My only response is that I'm bummed that I've leaned this song the "claw" fist way that Clapton plays it and I'm really trying hard now to finesse my technique, I don't think Neil would approve of the thumb over the neck way that I play it. I'll have to visit the lesson and see about changing.
I really hope you post some more stuff soon, really great work.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic