MarkM Friend of the Devil - Total work in progress

reiver

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Mark
Not a song I'm familiar with - and I've seen 2 vids by Neil showing 2 different ways of playing it! This looks by far the easier and certainly the one I'd try. Thought you did a great job, pick control was pretty good considering how short a time you've been working on it. Catchy tune, may give it a go myself.

Thanks for posting

r

MarkM

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

wrench wrote:
Another nice job Mark. Looking forward to the followup vid.

With your lighting arranged differently, I noticed your video is one of the highest quality I've seen. What kind of camera and sound equipment did you use?

wrench
Thanks Wrench. No lighting. Just daylight coming in from the window that you saw on the older songs. No sound equipment. Just me and the DN4. However the camera is a Canon VIXIA HG21. Picked that up two weeks ago for a price that I couldn't refuse.

MarkM

BobR

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Mark,

So that's what you look like with the lights on. :laugh: For some reason the video keeps stopping and starting but from what I heard it sounds rreal good. I am not a big Greatful Dead fan but I like mostly any song done on the guitar . Maybe a bit quick like a few people commented on already.

Keep it up and have a nice vacation

Bob

rbrisson

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:16 pm

This is a fun song to play. I did a quick and dirty recording of my playing this a couple of years ago. If I knew it would eventually get online I would have taken it a tad more seriously. But here it is, complete with the rough edges: http://www.humanismus.com/_/Friend_of_the_Devil.html

tovo

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

rbrisson wrote:
This is a fun song to play. I did a quick and dirty recording of my playing this a couple of years ago. If I knew it would eventually get online I would have taken it a tad more seriously. But here it is, complete with the rough edges: http://www.humanismus.com/_/Friend_of_the_Devil.html
Maybe you could do an update version and post a new thread on it?

dekotaj

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 am

Mark,

I thought you played that very well having only one day into the song. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

jayswett

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Not sure how I missed this video. Looks like you posted it a few days ago.

I love the Dead, and loved the video. I agree with some of the other posts with regard to slowing down a bit, master it at a slower speed, then bring it up to speed. Video quality is great. When you said a price you couldn't refuse, what did you mean. I am continuously searching for good, reasonably priced video equipment.

MarkM

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:30 pm

jayswett wrote:
Not sure how I missed this video. Looks like you posted it a few days ago.

I love the Dead, and loved the video. I agree with some of the other posts with regard to slowing down a bit, master it at a slower speed, then bring it up to speed. Video quality is great. When you said a price you couldn't refuse, what did you mean. I am continuously searching for good, reasonably priced video equipment.

Jay. It's a Canon VIXIA HG21. I'll include a link here of where I got it and it's review. Pretty happy with it so far.

MarkM

MarkM

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 am

rbrisson wrote:
rbrisson,

Just looked at your video clip. Very nice. The tempo was very good and strumming crisp and clean. Thanks for sharing. Bye the way, great guitar!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic