MarkM Friend of the Devil - Total work in progress

MarkM

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 pm

OK both feet in vacation mode now. Maybe I should start my Christmas shopping :huh: . I'm hooked. Have to keep posting videos. So I started this song earlier today and figured I'll do a work in progress thread. You'll see there is much more work ahead with little progress so far. :woohoo: I find that, for me, it seems to be easier or rather just as hard when I slow the tempo down as Neil had done. I have the song stuck in my head at this pace and I can't help it. With that said I know I'm hitting several bad notes, usuall the A string by mistake when I'm going through the progression. The Chorus and the Bridge need to be cleaned up a bit as I'm not consistantly getting all the down/ups all the time. However I do think I'm keeping the beat with the correct notes. Oh well I've got something to work on with this one for sure. As always thanks for your support and feedback.....

dennisg

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Very nice, Mark. I don't know the song, but I like it already, and want to hear more. You're right at the beginning of learning it, but you've made a lot of progress in a short time.

- Dennis

johnrfeeney

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

very good and a great sounding guitar

suziko

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Mark,

This is a song I've been playing around with for a few months, too. A fun song, with all the hammer-ons and that cool little bass run in the begining. I know it's hard, and you may not think it helps, but in my opinion you should really try to force yourself to slow it way down until you've got a better command of the song. You could try playing with the metronome (use metronomeonline.com if you don' own a metronome) to try to maintain a steady rhythm throughout the song. Just a suggestion.

And congrats on posting another video! Suzi

Yamaha48

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello MarkM.

And that in one day,you make a lot of progres.
Yes i see the same as Dennis.
Big hand fore you my friend.
Thanks fore share this video.

Greet Anton

MarkM

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks all. Much appreciated.

Suzi you are correct that I need to slow it down a bit. For the most part my biggest problem is hitting that A string way too many times. I'll slow it down and send out an updated video on this one next week.

MarkM

tovo

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Mark if that's the standard you can reach after just a few days you should go on vacation a little more often mate! :)

It's coming along beautifully. Agree with Suzi, force yourself to slow down a bit and try to get more feel into the tune, that in turn will help with the A string I think.

Not a number I am familiar with either but very nice. You are a video posting machine!!

(Oh forgot....LOVE the Taylor as well) :)

AndyT

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I think I saw Gerry and Bob in that video... Sure sounded a lot like them.

MarkM

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:23 pm

AndyT wrote:
I think I saw Gerry and Bob in that video... Sure sounded a lot like them.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks but I must say if you saw them in My video it must have been during one of their "off nights". Longgggggg ways to go for me on this one.

MarkM

wrench

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Another nice job Mark. Looking forward to the followup vid.

With your lighting arranged differently, I noticed your video is one of the highest quality I've seen. What kind of camera and sound equipment did you use?

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic