Lonely People video

michelew

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Great job Bob - another video in such a short time - you must be having a great day.

Really nice job - smooth strumming, transitions and great timing - definitely sounded like Lonely people to me. If you've got the pipes and you're looking for the next step, you could try singing... Singing she says...she who hasn't got the courage to do anything that gutsy yet (but I hope to get there).

I'm wondering what's next for the relaxed smiling Bob ...

Great job! Pizza to you (or chocolate, beer, scotch, short bread... take your pick)!

BobR

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks Michele,

I just looked through a post regarding singing. I will read through the articles. I don't expect to sing on a video too soon but I hope it will happen. Until then I'll try the melody thing.

Bob

BigBear

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Bob- Really great job! All your chord changes were right on and you looked relaxed and comfortable.

May I suggest that now that you have the song down cold you can work on getting the "feel" of the song? This song has a lively, bouncy feel to it that won't sound right if your timing is mechanical or exactly by the metronome. Technically, you can be perfect but it won't sound like the America version we all know.

To get this feel, try to emphasize the first note of each measure or even each 1/4 note. Try a very, very slight pause before you start the downbeat. This will make a dramatic change in the feel and it will be more fun for both you and the listener!

Thanks for sharing your video and keep 'em coming!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks Bear for the great suggestions. I'll will try everyone's ideas here (except the singing for now :blush: ) before re posting.

Time to go practice

Bob

mmmbldo

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Nicely done, Bob. :) Nice tone...you have a nice touch. Have I said "nice" enough? :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic