Lonely People video

MarkM

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:21 am

Bob,

Very nice. Loved the song. Noticed you smiling quite a bit at the camera. Good job. I admire your easy transition to bar chords. It was seemless. Can't wait for the next video.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am

Hey Bob! thanks for doing that one. I really like that song too. You did a great job. I admire your hand position. Mine is still awful.....the monster thumb always has to rear it's ugly head....lol

Anyway, cheers to you for another great video. Keep up the good work!

I'll have to put that one on my list for campfire songs.....

MJ

dekotaj

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Hey Bob,BRAVO!Loved it.If you have the record play along with it I think you will really enjoy it.I know i do.I have a quistion,and mybe Neil can answer this one.At the end of this song there is a TAG.(Gorden Lightfoot was also great at using tags)for those who like Gordens songs,But back to the quistion.The tag end on a big Em chord and finishes the song.So is this song in the key of G,the chord the song starts on or in the key of Em the chord it ends on?Thanks for the song Bob.And my i add what a handsom baby in your picture.P.S.I did play this song along with you.Thank you Kevin

willem

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Bob,BRAVO!Loved it.If you have the record play along with it I think you will really enjoy it.I know i do.I have a quistion,and mybe Neil can answer this one.At the end of this song there is a TAG.(Gorden Lightfoot was also great at using tags)for those who like Gordens songs,But back to the quistion.The tag end on a big Em chord and finishes the song.So is this song in the key of G,the chord the song starts on or in the key of Em the chord it ends on?Thanks for the song Bob.And my i add what a handsom baby in your picture.P.S.I did play this song along with you.Thank you Kevin

I think and i'm almost certain,when the song ends on Em then it is the key of Em..... Em is the relative from G they have the same notes in it.... G-A-B-C-D-E-F#....E-F#-G-A-B-C..

jayswett

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Very nice. I, too, was singing along with the first verse, which are the only words I could remember.

You wrote, "Hopefully it sounds something like Lonely People". It definitely sounds like Lonely People, but I will add that I would not have identified the song had you not told us which song it was. If you want a song like that to be recognizable right off the bat without telling anyone the name of the song beforehand, you have to learn to play some melody notes along with the rhythm. That, I would think, would be the next stage of your development as a guitar player. That is, moving past strumming and adding base and/or melody notes as you play/strum. I'd like to hear the thoughts of others on this. Perhaps there is an intermediate step between strumming and strumming/melody picking. Not sure.

jayswett

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Willem,
Good idea with adding the words. I like that feature.

Yamaha48

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Hello Bob.
Thanks fore share this video,good movemand off you hand.
And a smile on your face,thats nice Bob.
chord change verry nice.
Maby can you give more accent in the song.
I hope you understand my writing.
Till the next video Bob !!! I LOVE IT.

Greet Anton

AcousticAl

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Another good video Bob.

I agree with Jay about trying to find the melody in the strumming. Would make it more interesting in general. Definitely a good excuse to upload a new version too!

:)

dekotaj

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Thank you.The same notes.Learn something new.Thats a good day.

BobR

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks again everyone.
I definitely agree. I either need to sing or try to pick out the melody since I don't think I'll be singing any time soon, even though I will be trying.

HMMMM! If I didn't go to work, I could spend more time .... No I guess that won't ever happen :laugh:

See you on TG live!!

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic