wrench - the loner follow-up

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Wow what can i say but yet again another vast improvement on the first. Gotta be an advantage not having to change old habits, thats the issue I struggle with all the time.

Good on ya mate, keep em coming!

Chas

goldleaf

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Wow, what a little practice can do. Well played. Major improvement in all areas, and it was pretty good to start with. Not an easy song either. Good on you mate. Gary

wrench

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

MarkM - hand position is something I need to stay on top of because I have horrible guitar hands - the hands look big in the vid through trick photography

d_dog - thanks. I'm looking forward to playing more, too. I got a real late start, and I have a lot of music to make up.

beaker - without the 'nome I develop some real bad habits real fast, like letting my right hand lose its independence, and start following the left.

Chris - I'm satisfied with my progress, but I very much regret 40 years' lost time.

Chas - I had to break bad habits I learned when I was eleven. amazing the only stuff I remembered from my childhood was the wrong stuff! and then there are new bad habits I keep getting that need fixing....

Gary - I was able to play it like this, but when I later tried to play it with feeling, it was back to pounding the strings off. I need that decaf blend to play this song.

Dan

Lavallee

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Dan, what an improvement on your strumming, it is very rhythmic. If I understand you have the metronome in your ears. I should try that.

Great update

Marc

willem

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:55 am

Dan, i can only applaud to you,,, good idea to with metronoom...

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:20 am

Hello Dan.

I think you play the tune now longer than 30 min.
Sound fore me pretty good.
Have you plug the guitar to the pc? headphone you can
here the things better?.
Thanks fore this follow-up Dan

wrench

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 am

yamaha48 wrote:
Hello Dan.

I think you play the tune now longer than 30 min.
Sound fore me pretty good.
Have you plug the guitar to the pc? headphone you can
here the things better?.
Thanks fore this follow-up Dan
Thanks, Anton. This video was an exercise to maintain the tempo and use mostly the same strumming pattern. But the spirit wants to take over in this song for some reason. I was listening to a metronome in the headphones. The guitar wasn't plugged, but I was using a microphone that was plugged directly to the PC.

wrench

mark

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 am

wow a really big improvement.
Everything is flowing much better now.

The tone you are getting from your guitar is vastly improved.
What guitar is that?

wrench

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks, Mark. The guitar is my starter - a Yamaha FG700S (with TUSQ nut and saddle, and my setup). And the strings were beyond dead. I changed them right after recording these follow up vids. The mic is a cheap Radio Shack headset/mic. I got several comments on this guitar. I may have to record something today to hear how it sounds mic'd with new strings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic