She Talks to Angels

reiver

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Great post Jay. Don't know the song but really enjoyed your playing. Would people please stop posting songs that I have to add to my 'to-do' list. It's already far too long...... ;)

BobR

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Jay,
That was awesome !!! Excellent job. The sound was very clean and well, I just thought it was great!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

tovo

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:22 am

Jay this was great in every way. I don't mean to blow smoke up your tailpipe but I reckon you are one of the more encouraging members for people posting videos here and it's great to see you get such positive and well deserved feedback here. I just loved it. Looking forward to seeing your next efforts with the new cam.

By the way, I also really liked the setting. That wonderful stone fireplace in the background with the stockings hanging from it. That style of fireplace is very American and I think they look very beautiful.

That's probably enough gushing from me, Merry Christmas mate.

RicksPick

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:54 am

Hi Jay

Very nice sound you got there dude

RicksPick

willem

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:57 am

Jay,YEAH, I remember that Al was on this song and heard the originail and i must say it is a beautiful song,now i have heard your guitar talking like angels i must give it a go,,so nice with al the effects in it (harmonics),,do you have a tab written like a guitarpro/tab or a power tab then i like to have it to.....mmmmmmm,,guitar right plugged in the computer ----recorded with Audacity....i must go to find that out,,techgroup isn't it??? ive read a little of it from a email a get from somebody and read something about a microfoon usb plugged in.....wel i go find out... cheeeeeese

mark

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:29 am

Brilliant performance.

The tone you are getting from your guitar is excellent.

I'm determined to get to this song when I finally get to look at open D tuning.
I like the over the top bar chords as well. Bringing a bit of rock 'n' roll to totally guitars. How about a pick slide to finish off the song. :laugh:

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:01 am

[/quote]

I'm embarrassed to admit that I probably have 8-10 hours invested in that song at this point. I started learning it not long after your video post. As for the intro, I missed a couple of notes, which explains why it doesn't sound quite like the orginal. i don't think I've played that intro cleanly yet in all the times that I've practiced it.

Posting this video satisfied a long term goal of mine. Now it's time to get back to the Landslide solo and Never Going Back Again.[/quote]

8 to 10 solid hours isn't something to be embarrassed about. That's a long time imho.

temo44

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 am

That was a real joy to listen to, great job!

Just what do you mean by plugging your acoustic guitar into the computer *English-lack*? Is there at tutorial somewhere that can show me how to do that? Thanks!

dennisg

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:06 am

Wow, Jay, just awesome. The highest compliment I can pay you is to tell you that watching your video makes me want to learn this excellent song. Thanks for posting this.

- Dennis

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:47 am

temo44 wrote:
That was a real joy to listen to, great job!

Just what do you mean by plugging your acoustic guitar into the computer *English-lack*? Is there at tutorial somewhere that can show me how to do that? Thanks!
No tutorial that I know of, but it has been discussed on a few threads. Here's one of them:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/4-g ... tion#22341

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic