Black Mountain Side by Marc, alternate tuning

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
haven't hear this in years sounds good to me mate. Going to check out Jimmy on You Tube now and look for a tab
Thanks Chas, I will PM the GP tabs I used.

Marc

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Wow, that is good, really good. The only constructive criticism I can make is probably just the recording, but the faint parts were too faint. Was that the recording or the dynamics?

Otherwise I think you nailed it. Where is my tabla? I want to play along.

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Tovo: Thanks Tovo, you are right about the increasing number of videos, and this is great. The benefit I see is that you try to have the song at his best. Instead of accepting an ok approach to your song, you get more critic about it and you work harder at improving it. I have found quite a few things I need to work on that I did not realize until I see myself on the video.

Chas: I saw that video and was quite impressed by the talent. I realize now that young people learn so much faster and how much more challenging it is at my age.

Bob: Thanks Bob, you almost have to be a Led Zeppelin fan to know that song as it was less commercial.

Mark: Thanks Mark, I am sure you will enjoy working on it, besides the tuning , the riff has this triplet with a delay. I normally play it in DADADGAD because it is easy to switch from notmal tuning to it without a tuner.

Jay: thanks for the comments. I know it is close but even after working for so long on it, my fingers still trips, but I still enjoy trying to improve.

Reiver; Thanks for the good comments.You had mentioned in a previous thread that you were not a big fan of LZ. Nevertheless they have a few other songs that uses alternate tuning that are not the typical rock heavy lead and screaming. Examples are: Friends, Bron-yr-Aur, Bron-Yr-stomp, Kashmir that are really fun to play

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:06 pm

wandoctor wrote:
Wow, that is good, really good. The only constructive criticism I can make is probably just the recording, but the faint parts were too faint. Was that the recording or the dynamics?

Otherwise I think you nailed it. Where is my tabla? I want to play along.
Hi Doctor, I must be the hands dynamic not keeping up :) . I will review it and check for those. Thanks you notifying it. If you could point out the time in the video were you noticed it , it would help (as I migth not be aware of it myself)

I can send you the tabs (GP or PDF?) just send me your E-Mail.

Thanks

Marc

reiver

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Lavallee wrote:

Reiver; Thanks for the good comments.You had mentioned in a previous thread that you were not a big fan of LZ. Nevertheless they have a few other songs that uses alternate tuning that are not the typical rock heavy lead and screaming. Examples are: Friends, Bron-yr-Aur, Bron-Yr-stomp, Kashmir that are really fun to play
Marc

Many years ago I was taught to play a song and I was told that it was by Led Zeppelin. I tried it again a few days ago - but it seems too simple and I haven't a clue what it's called. I'm scared to post it in case I'm butchering someone's favourite song, but I would be interested to know if it is in fact a LZ track or not. Maybe over the holidays......... :unsure:

jim56

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Well done Marc, I remember that one from my high school days. A long time ago! I listened to JP on yt and I liked your version better. Thanks for the inspiration, Jim

Max

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Forget what I said. I just put my headphones on and listened and didn't miss a thing. Gotta go check my speakers out in the morning.

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 pm

reiver wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc

Many years ago I was taught to play a song and I was told that it was by Led Zeppelin. I tried it again a few days ago - but it seems too simple and I haven't a clue what it's called. I'm scared to post it in case I'm butchering someone's favourite song, but I would be interested to know if it is in fact a LZ track or not. Maybe over the holidays......... :unsure:
Reiver, you should post it, I saw your other posts and I know you are not going to butcher anything. You are ahead of us.

Marc

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:41 pm

jim56 wrote:
Well done Marc, I remember that one from my high school days. A long time ago! I listened to JP on yt and I liked your version better. Thanks for the inspiration, Jim
Thanks for your good comments, Jim. That song was also from my high school time. This is when a good evening was one you could not remember. That song seemed appropriatre for that time :silly:

Marc

Lavallee

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 pm

wandoctor wrote:
Forget what I said. I just put my headphones on and listened and didn't miss a thing. Gotta go check my speakers out in the morning.
Must be my stealth playing ;)

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic