TOVO - Please Forgive Me

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

The song title is appropriate as I may well be asking for forgiveness after you guys watch this! :)

This song is probably the biggest hit of a favourite artist of mine, David Gray. This is not the whole song but it's several verses and I thought you would have the idea from the amount of the song I did.

There's been a lot of discussion about playing and singing lately so I thought I would have another go. I would comment that doing both (at this early stage for me) causes the smoothness of the playing to suffer. Nothing I can do to improve my ordinary singing I'm afraid!

Sorry I can't get the good quality videos that Al produces, I'll have to take the time to read all of his tech forum posts.

haoli25

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Outstanding Tony. I really enjoyed that. I liked your singing and your rhythm was very consistent. I am going back to watch it again. Thank you for posting yoour video.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Hey man that was alright. Your voice is pretty good on this. Given i've only ever heard him play this on keyboards its hard to compare but your version sounds cool.

Cheers

Chas

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks Bill, always a relief to see those clapping hands! :)

Chas, thanks man. I saw the man himself in concert this year, he was simply great.

Lavallee

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Tovo, very nice video. As Bill mentioned your strumming is very lively and consistent. You sing is very good. I have a lot of respect for singers/players. I have no voice , but if I try I loose the coordination. I have a hard time walking and chewing gum.

Congratulation

Marc

AndyT

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Tony,
Pizza for you. Very nice. Smooth and clean. Nothing wrong with your voice my friend. Just need more practice doing both together.

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Tovo, very nice video. As Bill mentioned your strumming is very lively and consistent. You sing is very good. I have a lot of respect for singers/players. I have no voice , but if I try I loose the coordination. I have a hard time walking and chewing gum.

Congratulation

Marc
Thank you Marc. Not that I think I have it licked by any means but the coordination comes with a surprisingly small amount of practice and in a way the singing helps as it forces you to share your focus and rely more on muscle memory...hope that makes sense.

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 pm

AndyT wrote:
Tony,
Pizza for you. Very nice. Smooth and clean. Nothing wrong with your voice my friend. Just need more practice doing both together.
Thanks Andy and agree, more practice...practice....practice! :)

michelew

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Tony,

I've got no idea what you're apologising for mate. I love it. I love your singing (full of heart and it sounds good - you can easily hear it over your playing too, which is something I have trouble with). I love your playing too - it is smooth, consistent and very relaxed.

I don't know this song - but I might just go and check Dave out.

I love your work!

Pizza, beer, chocolate, guitar points to you - take your pick.

The only point I would make is that it would be great to be able to see all of your face for the whole take.

Michele

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Thanks Michele you're always very kind. Yeah sorry about cutting off the top of my head :-) I had the camcorder very close to get the sound as good as possible and didn't frame it very well. (Ummm I'll take the beer at this time of the day! :-))

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic