TOVO - Please Forgive Me

reiver

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 pm

"Will someone answer that phone..........."
Tony, you missed your chance to turn that into a scene from Star is Born, Kris Kristofferson practicing for his comeback, phone rings, he tries to play on .............anyway.

Great job. This is a good song, but not an easy one to play and sing at the same time. Your voice came across really well, but as you say, the timing on some of the chord changes went a little. But that'll come really quickly as you spend a bit more time on it. Enjoyed playing along.

Nice one mate

r

tovo

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks Reiver. Yeah the timing on the phone was spot on...just as I finished..lol.

Agree the timing on the changes was a bit wonky a few times, plenty to work on. Cheers for commenting.

wadestar

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 am

Another very nice post. Great song, and you're a joy to listen to. Now I want to learn some David Gray!

Thanks for posting, you sound great.

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:26 am

fjvdb wrote:
Another very nice post. Great song, and you're a joy to listen to. Now I want to learn some David Gray!

Thanks for posting, you sound great.
Thanks very much for commenting. I think David Grey is quite an obscure artist, doesn't get much publicity or airplay (except in Ireland where he is hugely popular I understand, David himself is English) His album "White Ladder" is very worthy of a listen.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:03 am

Hey Tony, great going! Great attitude captured in the singing. You should make it a point to always sing these songs, you handle it really well. Smooth and well accentuated strumming too. You can tell you really like David Grey (as I do). Good on ya, mate! Pizza attya! Damp greetings from Espana.

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 am

Hello Tony.

Thats sound pretty good man,i love the rythem.
And the singing part is nice,How long do you play now this tune?.
You have a nice Taylor guitar which type is it from Taylor?.
Taylor make good guitars,and the vollum,trebbel button are nice.

Thanks fore share this nice video Tony.

Greet Anton

willem

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:50 am

Wow Tony,,dam phone..Tony this a a great suprise,i did not no the song(have listen to the original),,well man you did great and i think you have made it your one,,for the the future i think your singing becomes a strong point for you,,for the strumming i would advise,,go for a while practicing with the melody only in your head,,,,it is great he when you have a time off of work and a lot of time to go on a song,,,hope you gonna a make a second video on this song and i enjoy your first so the second one i'm gonna listen very often i think.....goodluck on you..

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 am

Nice work, Tony!

Don't discount either your voice or being able to strum and sing at the same time. VERY difficult (for me anyways). I always seem to lose my fingering or the words if I try- so I don't try often. Anyways, much props to you for being so good at it.

Advice- When you're strumming your C-chord, I think I can hear the low E string pretty prominently (not part of the C-chord). Have you ever tried muting it with your ring finger? When playing the C-chord, have your ring finger touch/mute the low E while its also fretting C on the A-string. Make sense? Let me know if it works for you..

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks so much Chris hope you are enjoying Spain.

Thanks to my Dutch friends Willem and Anton always so positive and encouraging. I've been playing the song just a few days it's not so hard just the F barre. My Taylor is a 410ce I love it.

Al thanks. I understand completely your point on muting the low E and will make a point of practicing that. Thanks for a very useful tip something I'm aware of but needed reminding to put into practice.

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

I agree with everything Michele said. That was quite simply a great, enjoyable video. The singing in particular was what I took away from that video. Your guitar playing was very good as well, but the vocals were noteworthy, and I say that because I have tried to sing a few songs lately and recognize now how difficult it is to make that sound nice. I mean, like everyone else, I sound great in the shower and when I'm alone in the car, but when I hear myself recorded, it literally makes me laugh. Even my wife, whose natural tendency is to find goodness in everything, suggested I take a lesson or two. That was your best video to date. It's a great, great song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic