TOVO - Please Forgive Me

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 am

I was just thinking that you should try Babylon next. Probably a step up from this one in terms of guitar plyaing difficulty, but another great song by this artist.

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 am

jayswett wrote:
I was just thinking that you should try Babylon next. Probably a step up from this one in terms of guitar plyaing difficulty, but another great song by this artist.
Thank you Jay, very encouraging as always. I want to get this one down a bit better, with some refinements such as Al has suggested and smoother changes. To be really honest I sort of posted it at an early stage to try get a feel if the vocals are OK.

Babylon is a great song, one called Hospital Food is a favourite of mine and one I want to tackle as well.

Cheers mate.

sbutler

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:47 am

Tony,

I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed that. Please put me on the waiting list for your CD :) Your singing is great....very easy to listen to. Thanks for the post. Nancy

wrench

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 am

Tony,

What everyone else said. AND...

Your timing and pattern on the strum are very, very good. I don't know if this will work for you, but laying down the index finger first when applying a barre chord may speed you up some. I find this especially helpful coming from a G because the second and third fingers have a long distance to travel. Your singing is just better than you think.

Great Job! Thanks for posting. I don't know that song, but is really nice, and you did it justice. Points to Ya'!

wrench

johnrfeeney

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 am

excellent - may experiment with the capo done a fret or two. well done and 5 stars for putting up a video!

MarkM

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:02 am

Tony,

I'm not familiar with this song but after watching and listening to you I think I'm going to look this one up. That was really very nice. Your voice was strong throughout and really complimented the song. Thank you for posting this song. It gives me something to aspire to. I'll have to see if I can channel my car driving voice for a song or two. :unsure:

Nice Guitar!!! How do you like the expression system?

MarkM

dennisg

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 am

Yes ... hello? ... this is David Grey on the phone. I couldn't wait to call you after you finished my song. Great interpretation, mate, done with real heart and spirit. Now, quit bitching about playing and singing together -- you're practically a pro! Just practice the transition to your barre chord so you can get rid of that crunchy F. Gotta go now. These long-distance rates are killing me.

- David

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:16 am

No tech comments from me: I really liked that, you do well to "dare" to sing, good voice :)

David Grey ? I'll look him up.

BigBear

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Tony- Very nice job! You threw me for a loop when you said David Grey. I think you mean David Gray, the English musician?

I agree with you completely that playing and singing totally changes the challenge of playing smoothly. But you did it really well.

Hey, you sing a lot better than I do so good on you for giving it a go!!

BTW- that Taylor sures sounds sweet! lol!

Cheers! :cheer:

suziko

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Tony, That was just great. I loved your voice for that song- very similar to David Gray's really. A wonderful, soul-full rendition. Thanks so much for posting it!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic