TOVO - Please Forgive Me

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:35 pm

I gotta say how nice it is to get up for practice early in the morning and find really supportive comments with some very good tips among them as well. I want to do more work on this song and eventually post an update with a view to addressing the few tech weaknesses that would add a bit of polish to the song. Although I've always loved music I only picked up the guitar this year. My progress is due to this site, Neil's excellent lessons and the tremendous support of the members. I understand I have heaps of weaknesses to address, I certainly don't want to sound like I think I'm anything special, but this site has really helped me realize an ambition to play guitar, even after starting quite late. Important thing is I'm enjoying myself.

Nancy, Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's a fun song to do.

Wrench, thanks mate. I've tried both ways and generally find that focusing on landing my middle finger first gets the barre down quickest with the F, but I'm more than happy to experiment. I think it's just more practice so that the tentativeness disappears. Like everything, more practice is the key.

John, in my short experience I have found that it seems better for me singing without the capo usually but I will have a play with it. Thanks for commenting.

MarkM, Thanks mate, I just love the Taylor full stop. I like how clean Taylor have made the electrics on their guitars rather than the relatively intrusive systems of many other brands. Sound is very good. Please do check out David, really nice artist.

Dennis, Thanks to you. I was at his concert recently and this really is his signature tune, he really works on involving the audience and is a very humble guy. You're absolutely spot on regarding the barre, just need a little more time on it.

Cosmicmechanic, thanks man. Do look him up.

Bear, Good pick up mate, fancy saying he's a favourite then spelling his name wrong! :) (I've fixed that so thanks) More work to do but encouraging comments. The Taylor is the stuff.

Suzi, thanks. As we discussed it's a nice song and it's fun to play. Glad you liked it.

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 pm

ahaey tony have you now time fore the chat room.

I go now to the room,see you there.

Gr Anton

dekotaj

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 am

Tony.What a great song,not only did you play it very nice the singing was great.BRAVO!!Sorry to say never heard of David Gray.But if all hes music is like this,this guy i got to check out.BRAVO again.Thanks for posting

johnrfeeney

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 am

bravo - keep it up

love that David Gray album

tovo

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Thank you Dekotaj, do yourself a favour and check him out, he has a fair amount of stuff posted on YouTube. I think he's great but he's relatively unknown.

Thanks to you also John for commenting.

dekotaj

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Hey Tony.Yes,i just did find him on u-tube Really enjoyed his songs in fact so much i printed off a copy of(SAIL AWAY)and Im going to give it a shot as soon as i finish up some songs im working on.Thanks again for posting a great song.Kevin

tovo

Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:02 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Tony.Yes,i just did find him on u-tube Really enjoyed his songs in fact so much i printed off a copy of(SAIL AWAY)and Im going to give it a shot as soon as i finish up some songs im working on.Thanks again for posting a great song.Kevin
It's a pleasure Kevin, always good to have the chance to introduce someone to a great artist (him not me!! :) )

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic