Scarborough Fair by Michele

michelew

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 am

Number 3... Scarborough Fair

...still shaking...can you tell?
[video][/video]

My bass notes are pretty whoosy (translation - pathetic, wimpy, quiet and hiding in the background) because I broke my great fingerpicking thumb nail completely off a couple of weeks ago....bowling accident - I know very silly - it must be the month for it. So I hope that they will sound strong agin when it grows back. I might post another video so you can see, make that hear, the difference.
[video type=youtube][/video]

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:58 am

that was enchanting, I could put it on a loop and imagine the simple pleasure of listening to it a few centuries ago.

I gotta post sometime soon, by the way ... all kinda obstacles appear ...

but congrats on this ... ENCHANTING !

haoli25

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 am

Great Michele!!!! I loved it. Very smooth chord transitions. Now I am looking forward to your 'singing version'. Thank you for posting your video. You should be very proud indeed.

Bill Image

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:22 am

It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to return the "well done" so quickly Michele! I thought you looked very in control on that one, not nervous. The chord transitions looked very smooth and in control also. I'm sure you will bring the house down with a singing version!

I found the sound was quite low, audio a bit hard to hear, but loud enough to enjoy. Very well done, kudos to you.

michelew

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:33 am

Thanks guys.

Cosmicmechanic - Thanks - I'm looking forward to yours. I had to recite the Nike slogan like a chant - a mantra - until I finally got one on the books.

Bill - Thank you - got to love those clapping hands - but, don't hold your breath on the singing version. I've been singing in the shower. But, I'll need a lot more singing and in front of the video time before that is likely to come together..

Tony - Thanks - it took few takes (started yesterday). It is soft - I'm obviously doing something wrong with the audio, especially as I now have a Blue Snowball. I'll need to get one of my techno guys on to it.

Lavallee

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:45 am

Michele what a great video. Scarborough Fair is certainly one of my favorite song of all time. I remember buying the record when it came out. I like your image of water for the intro, good setup for the song. I think you played it very well. We can hear the bass notes fine, don't worry, the melody is good and you look in control.

Very nice

Marc

AndyT

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 am

Sometimes its not about volume. Its about a soft melody gently wafting thru the air as we let it wash over us like a breeze. The scent of lilacs in spring. Or was it pizza on a friday night?

Either way, nicely done. Now just smile when you say that and you will be all set.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 am

Very nice indeed Michele! Nice hand positions all round. YOu are really getting the hang of things. Volume level was bit low... but I am a bit further a way in Espana, so......
Pizza for you blue! :-)

michelew

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 am

Thanks guys - you're all very sweet.

Marc - it is a nice song - it's been a favourite of mine since primary school.

Andy - smiling.... there was one at the end...

Chris - wow you have great ears - heard it all the way in Espana - even though the volume was so low.

Thanks again.

Michele

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:36 am

Hello Michel.

Yes on the end off your video i can see your smile.
Nice tune Michel,and you have a good control on the strings.
Nice pickture classic guitar(and hand) posission.
thanks fore share this video Michel.
Warm greet Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic