Scarborough Fair by Michele

willem

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:06 am

ENCHANTING(new word i learn here),Michelle i know for me,you gonna be one of my fouverit guitarists here,,i know for sure,,i see that you are very serious doing your playing,,think that comes you have classicals friends,,hope you stay that way,,love what i heard and see,,,groetjes..

reiver

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:17 am

Great job Michelle. I thought that balance between bass and melody was spot on. Your LH position is great, really envious. You even managed a smile - you must be relaxing a bit!
Very nice post

r

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 am

Really nice, Michele. So relaxing.. haunting really.

Audio was a bit low, but I put my headphones on, so it's all good.

How long have you been playing?

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:55 am

I'm going to work this morming with this lovely song in my head and memories of you playing it. I know I've said this several times, but for me, it is so much fun watching everyone improve their guitar playing, and definitely my favorite aspect of the site. Even more so than Neil's lesson and TG live. This video is wonderful demonstration of that.

My only suggestion is that you might think about adding the outtro to your performance. After your second verse, there is a very easy, but distinctive riff, that ends the song. I believe Neil covers it in his lesson, although I have not watched it in a while, so I can't be absolutely sure. As for the singing, that would be icing on the cake.

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:57 am

Actually, come to think of it, I think the outtro is the same as the intro.

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:14 am

Loved it Michele...it paired perfectly with my morning cup of coffee. Thanks for such a nice start to my day. Nancy

johnrfeeney

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 am

beautifully played - melodic
a winter morning song over a hot tea or coffee

bravo

wrench

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 am

Very nice Michele. I really liked it.

I'm just curious - did you try a thumbpick while your nail grows back?

Pizza Points and thanks for posting.

wrench

MarkM

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 am

Michele,

Just watched this wonderful video. Great way to start the day. This is one of those timeless songs that is always a pleasure to listen to. Great job!! As for the nerves, you didn't look at all nervous. Rather totally in control and very nice smile at the end as well.

MarkM

dennisg

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 am

Michele,

That was absolutely beautiful, and your playing has inspired me to learn that song. I have absolutely no advice for you because I thought you nailed it.

By the way, smiling for the camera is overrated -- unless you find yourself in a Miss Australia pageant.

- Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic