Temo44 - dark hollow

temo44

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 pm

While you guys are really practicing really cool songs, I've been trying to get the hang of the A chord and changing to the other chords. This is me after 5 days of practicing that. Sorry about me getting my left hand out of the camera's spot. Didn't notice it in time. Sorry!

[video type=youtube][/video]

jayswett

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm

I was taught to play the A chord, given my relatively large fingers, with my index finger only, laying it down over the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings. It works well for that chord only, but it's difficult to add any additional notes when playing the A chord like that. Like my G chord, I am now trying to play the A chord in the manner recommended by Neil. I won't bother to describe it here, but suffice it to say, he has several videos in which he describes the most usful, versatile manner for playing the A chord. Your video looks good, Temo. Keep up the good work.

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello Timo.

Thanks fore share the video.
I can not that tune Timo.
Yeh the A chord,i have lern the classic a chord,later i place one finger over the 3string,thats nice fore speed change.
Proud mary the riff,than i do the a chord with one finger.
I have big hands and long fingers.
The a chord from Neil is verry good,than you can do other things.
Your strumming is nice Timo,you do a good job mate.
Thanks fore share youre video.
Im looking out to your nexst video.

Greet Anton

johnrfeeney

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:42 am

the A chord and F chord - the two dreaded sisters
keep doing what you are doing
because of the size of our hand, fingers etc not everone can play all the chords "the way they should be played"
I have chubby pads on the part of my fingers that just come off the palm - I don't care what I do there are certain chord (esp barr) that certain strings will be muffled - but i keep moving along

Lavallee

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:31 am

HiTemo, I think your A chord is coming nicely. In no time you won't even think about it. Another rhythm you could try with the A,E,D chord progression is Wild thing from the Troggs.

I really like seeing these progression videos.

Marc

suziko

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Temo- Sorry I missed this earlier! Well done! Who is "Dark Hollow" by? The A chord might be one of the few things that those of us with little hands have an advantage with. If you're not already doing it, I'd recommend trying to master Neil's suggested fingering (with your first finger sandwiched between the 2nd and 3rd). I learned the A with my 3 fingers stacked in a row, but Neil's fingering is far superior for switching to other chords, like the E and D.

Great to see your progression! Keep up the good work! Suzi

michelew

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

I have to agree with Suzi. Especially about learning Neil's A. I'm currently learning a new song that has a D, A G progression in it and the D to A works perfectly with Neil's A. Give it a go. It's a little trickier but I think worth the effort. Keep up the good work Temo.

temo44

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks you all :-).

Like Suzi, I also learned to play the A chord with three fingers in a row, but in the video I was already using Neil's way.. It really is brilliant :lol: ! The only thing confusing is the A7 to the D, cause you have to let go of the indexfinger on the thirds string, wich is for me the navigation finger :blush:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic