Guaranteed - Eddie Vedder

jayswett

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks for watching the vid.
Suzi - This song is not very difficult to play. The right hand fingerpicking pattern and chords are the same throughout the entire song. The only difference for the fingerpicking is which base notes to include. The same cannot be said for What Child is This. I think you could learn this song fairly quickly if you were inclined to do so.

Matt - Good idea. I will add this to the appropriate Recommended songs thread

Al - yes, it was fast. Too fast, actually, which is my tendency as you probably know. I have not yet licked that problem. As for the singing, I'm glad I did it since I've never done anything like that before, but I don't see it happening again any time soon. I belong to the school of thought that it's healthy to step out of one's comfort zone from time to time, and singing is definitely out of my comfort zone. Knowing the supportive nature of this forum made it quite a bit easier to post this video.

Marc - My technical know-how is certainly improving. The part of this video that took me a while to figure out was transitioning from one clip to another, and I have yet to completely understand how to synch audio and video. In general, audacity and windows moviemaker are easy to use and don't cost a penny.

Tovo - I wish I could sing as you do. You truly sound very good when you sing, and I envy you for that. I enjoy your vids very much.

Cosmic - sticking to your range is key, I agree. My range is very limited, and this song didn't require much in terms of range.

suziko

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:00 am

Jay- so, do you have the Tab?

willem

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:25 am

Jay, ''guaranteed'',,you suprise me,nice done with the singing colobration,,your far ahead from us with the techno's and a great idea for someone who want to sing on his own guitar/playing..you can teach us..

hope for you that you ones play the guitar and sing at the same time..the more you try it the more you .....its not that i really can,,the problem is alway' to keep at tune or key,,,looking forward to your next suprise...''guaranteed''.........hey Timo,,can you translate????

I love to have translated songs from englisch to dutch...

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 am

Jay, I wasn't saying it was too fast. I was impressed with how fast you are able to fingerpick in general. I'm not familiar with the song, but your speed didn't seem out of place. You're also doing really well with nailing your chord changes.

dennisg

Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am

Fantastic, Jay! I love it! Your guitar playing sounds terrific and your voice is a lot better than you think it is. One question: maybe I missed an explanation somewhere, but what was the reason you recorded this as two separate tracks?

- Dennis

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am

Jay: Great bit of work there my friend! I love the entire soundtrack! Didn't you do Tuolumne as well? I have decent TAB for Tuolumne that i keep meaning to get into. I also have been giving Eddie's version of Hard Sun a little attention.

Keep up the great work, as it is certainly paying off!

MJ

BigBear

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Jay- WOW! That was great!!! I've never heard that song before and now I want to learn it. Your fingerpicking was superb and your singing was great, too! You could seriously do that song at any coffee shop or open mike gig anywhere. It was that good! You certainly have Travis picking down cold! That's wonderful!

The only problem with that video was the synch and had nothing to do with your playing! Even with the technical problems it still sounded really good!

Congrats on a great performance! Thanks for sharing that!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Jay,

That was very good. I liked the way you were able to sing(can't sing huh :laugh: ) and then play. Great job.

Bob

jayswett

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:06 pm

dennisg wrote:
One question: maybe I missed an explanation somewhere, but what was the reason you recorded this as two separate tracks?
I did it that way because I can't sing and play at the same time. No reason other than that.

jayswett

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
I also have been giving Eddie's version of Hard Sun a little attention.
I heard a guy play Hard Sun in a bar a couple of weeks ago. He used a twelve string guitar and it sounded incredible. He had a deep, gruff singing voice and sounded very much like Eddie Vedder.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic