Guaranteed - Eddie Vedder

jayswett

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:12 pm

I can't read tab, so No, I don't have a tab for Guaranteed. Check your PM, though, for some information which you might find useful. By the way, I agree that Society is a great acoustic song.

dennisg

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:30 pm

jayswett wrote:
dennisg wrote:
One question: maybe I missed an explanation somewhere, but what was the reason you recorded this as two separate tracks?
I did it that way because I can't sing and play at the same time. No reason other than that.
Gotcha.

I can't remember if you made that one of your 2010 goals or not, but that would be a good thing to accomplish. As good a guitarist as you are, I'll bet you can do it.

- Dennis

ncsurfer

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:51 pm

That was great! I've been working on this as well but nowhere near where you are with it. My alternating bass notes keep tripping me up and can't seem to flow right.

Hard Sun is a great tune as well, hope to hear more EV from you. Loved the movie.

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:09 pm

jayswett wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
I also have been giving Eddie's version of Hard Sun a little attention.
I heard a guy play Hard Sun in a bar a couple of weeks ago. He used a twelve string guitar and it sounded incredible. He had a deep, gruff singing voice and sounded very much like Eddie Vedder.
I'll bet the 12-string sounded nice on that song. The song is fairly easy, with some little hammer-ons and such. The strum pattern can be a bit tricky if you try to sing at the same time......at least for me....lol

johnrfeeney

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 pm

great great great great

been working on Vincent by McLean all day - this Christmas Eve day ( with plenty of wonderful interruptions - I'm on call for Hospice also - so

God bless all of you

Heath

and keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep practicing

reiver

Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:31 am

Spent Christmas Day so far learning this song. Thanks Jay. Now my wife isn't talking to me! Yo ho ho.....

Great song though, and really enjoying the rest of the songs on the soundtrack.....

Oh well, better go and eat some turkey before starting on Society.

Merry Christmas everyone

r

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic