Norwegian Wood by TOVO

michelew

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Too right Tony. I admire your courage and will try to follow your great example next time I'm feeling really stuck. That is, as opposed to stuck because I haven't tried and practiced it enough. Thanks for the inspiration.

mmmbldo

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey, Tony. Just wanted to commend you and offer something that might help. This song has a lot of notes and strumming strokes when done together at a relatively quick tempo. Maybe you could try reducing the number of strumming strokes to no more than two between picking strokes. Once you get a good feel for that, you could add more to bring you back up to the full number of strokes. Simple, but maybe it would work for you.

tovo

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:43 pm

mmmbldo wrote:
Hey, Tony. Just wanted to commend you and offer something that might help. This song has a lot of notes and strumming strokes when done together at a relatively quick tempo. Maybe you could try reducing the number of strumming strokes to no more than two between picking strokes. Once you get a good feel for that, you could add more to bring you back up to the full number of strokes. Simple, but maybe it would work for you.
Thanks for the idea mate, having slowed right down now it's coming together much better. Getting it down then slowly bringing it up to speed is the key.

Thanks also Michele.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic