Norwegian Wood V.2

BobR

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Mark,

Real good job. I can't remember seeing your other one. sorry.
I did notice one odd note also but otherwise I liked it. I look forward to the vocals.

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi Mark, nice improvement over the previous video, it is much smoother and quite enjoyable.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 am

I'm going to have to check that one note again. I'm not intentionally doing it where you folks say it's wrong. I'll have to check the tab again. I do play in in F I think as it is Capod on the 2nd fret. I'll check it again in the morning and see if I can get it finally right.

Thanks all.

MarkM

jayswett

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:00 am

Yeah, that was awesome. That unexpected hammer-on in the second verse (chorus?) sounded great. If you don't mind, and I'm sure you don't, I'll add that to my version once I take a crack at that lovely song. As for that one note, clearly it's different, but still sounds nice. I could get used to that very easily. Improvement from your first video, no doubt. Well done.

dennisg

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 am

MarkM wrote:
I'm going to have to check that one note again. I'm not intentionally doing it where you folks say it's wrong. I'll have to check the tab again. I do play in in F I think as it is Capod on the 2nd fret. I'll check it again in the morning and see if I can get it finally right.

Thanks all.

MarkM

Mark, this is the same note that I commented on in your first version, the one that you said you played by choice. I think it's because we know the song so well that the note stands out.

Aside from that, I think your playing is smooth, restrained, and very confident. I love this song, always have, but it never occurred to me to play it on the guitar until I saw your first version. I think that's the measure of a job well done when it inspires someone else to try a song.

- Dennis

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 am

Mark:

Loved it man! I can see the improvement over the first version. You seemed a bit more relaxed to me and that is the main difference. Kudos to you and I hope you are having fun with it, cause it sounds wonderful!

MJ

MarkM

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for all the kind words. This is a very fun song to play.

Music Junkie - Thanks. Yes being relaxed and confident in the song makes me forget about the notes and just be able to play.

Dennis - Thanks for the comments. Maybe you can over dub a sitar on this :) . I'll have to see if I can find a URL for you that has John playing it solo. As for the note, I thought you were referring to the hammer on that Jay discussed.

Jay - Yea I like that particular hammer on as well. I think it adds a bit of emotion to the song when played solo on the guitar.

So that infamous note. Well for some reason I thought that I was playing it right but I after looking at the TAB again I can't believe that I was playing this wrong this whole time. I tried it again this morning (not getting any work done in the office at all :blush: ) and after getting my brain rewired and wrapped around this "NEW" way of playing I'll give it another go later. To tell you the truth after playing it "my way" for so long the correct way sounds a bit off. Very strange. So with that said. I'll have to get it right. Thanks for finally getting through my thick skull on this one.

MarkM

MarkM

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks. This is exactly what I needed. Once I read this I went back and checked.

ncsurfer

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:01 pm

This thread has really helped me with this song. Thanks!

I just received the new issue of Acoustic guitar in the mail and Norwegian wood is profiled, pretty cool!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic