Jim Croce- time in a bottle

dekotaj

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:05 pm

BigBear.Thank you,And you are right on about my playing,lacked feeling, but i was scared to heck.Maybe Ill try after work next time,Couple of cocktails could help?Thanks Kevin.

nemastetaylor

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:33 am

very good. I am very impressed. I have wanted to learn that song for a long time. One of my favorites. it's tear jerker song too. You played it very well. well done with harmonics too.

Nemaste

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 am

dekotaj wrote:
AcousticAl.Hi,Brother do i have alot to learn from you.So much I would like to talk to you about.Its becuz of your post or threads that i finilly got this thing but together.And willem and of course Matt.I set here and feel so stupid that i dont even know how to get this reply to show up under ever ones comments.So much for me to learn.Thank you for your responce to my playing,glad you liked it.I would love to send tab,which i hardly every use.But Al i dont know how.I could mail it to you it would be faster than me learing how to e-mail it.So much more i woul like to say.But i just cant keep typing sorry Al Thank you very much Kevin

No worries about the tab. Kevin.

I think the moral of the story is that you (and all other TARGET TG-ers) shouldn't worry about posting videos-- no matter what level you're at. I agree that posting your first video is a nerve wracking experience. But as you (and all others that went before you) have found-- there is nothing but positive reinforcement and advice for improvement from other viewers. No one will cut you down.

Looking forward to your next video!

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 am

So right Al.Thanks again.

willem

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:49 am

Hello Kevin,,it was great playing,,,everything is said here,,i'm glad for you you maneged the upload and the making of!!! congrat man,,is was really good and you inspired me to go and have a look at this song,,maybe the tab is coming in a bottle to the Netherlands i go and look on the beach..lol..

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:06 pm

A few people have said this was the first they'd heard of this song. Here's copy of the original that I found on youtube. Unfortunately I couldn't find Croce singing it live. :(

Time In A Bottle lyrics
Songwriters: Croce, Jim;

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks Willem for helping me put this on.And if i can get the tab off to Al Im sure he can send you a copy.And if he cant you bet i will find away.Even i got to bottle it and send it by wave.You made me laugh with the look on the beach thing. Thank Kevin

willem

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:09 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Thanks Willem for helping me put this on.And if i can get the tab off to Al Im sure he can send you a copy.And if he cant you bet i will find away.Even i got to bottle it and send it by wave.You made me laugh with the look on the beach thing. Thank Kevin
Kevin,, i find the in the power tab labrairy for two guitars the second guitar capo on seventh fret...

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Glad you found it could have taken some time to get to you by wave.ha ha.I just posted the secound part, but i do it on 5th fret.Good luck with it,post it when you get it done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic