Jim Croce- time in a bottle

BigBear

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Wow! Really nice job on a very challenging song! Fingerpicking was very nice and steady. You even got the little flourishes spot on!

The only thing left to do is work on the feeling of the song. It needs to be less mechanical and more "rolling" for lack of a better word. Try accentuating the first beat of every measure a little more. Of course, it's your interpretation of this beautiful song so you can play it anyway that feels right to you.

Great job and thanks for posting! Congrats on all your hard work!

Cheers! :cheer:

suziko

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Dang, that was great! I love that song and would like to see a lesson for it at some point from Neil. I really can't give you any constructive criticism because it looked and sounded practically perfect to me. Thanks for posting it! Suzi

reiver

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I thought that was great. Great song, very nicely played. Excellent first video, can't wait to see the next one.

r

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 pm

I thought you said you were scared S***less............ Looked pretty calm to me. Sounded wonderful! I love Jim's tunes and you did a very good rendition. Way to go on your first video post, and I hope you plan on posting more!

Cheers!

MJ Image

michelew

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm

WOW, WOW, WOW ... My second thought was 'that's it...that's my long-term project'. So I went looking in Neil's lessons and low and behold it isn't there. I'll be getting onto the new request a lesson thread that's for sure. I'm hoping that Neil will get to it - he seems to be a big fan of Jim Croche (I'd be really interested to see what level he thinks that song is too).

That was really beautiful! Truly inspirational.

If you do have the Tab, I'd also really love a copy.

Just love it. Have I said that already?

Whole banquet of pizza, beer, chocolate, whatever you want (sorry no winning lotto ticket - I'd be keeping that) to you!

I'm going back to listen to it again.

Michele

michelew

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

During the process of adding this song to the request a song thread (zero -1990), I discovered that Neil has already done a camp fire version of this song (arpeggio picking patterns) - so I'll learn that before requesting more. Maybe it will be shorter than a long-term project, however, Neil's tab looks simpler than Dekotaj's performance sounds so we'll see. Dekotaj thanks again.

jayswett

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Wow. That was great. I'd love to learn that. I imagine I'll be coming back to that several times once I start working on it. Congratulations on a great video.

AndyT

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm

I have to add my enthusiasm to that of everyone else here. Your vid was very lovely. Like several others, I'm not familiar with the piece, but I'll definitely be looking it up for the future! Thanks for posting!

tom18

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Moondog

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Great Job, really outstanding.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic