Yamaha48

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Hello Kevin.

Sounds realy good,and i love the tune.
Thanks that you share this vid.

Gr Anton

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey Anton.Thank you.I can tell by watching your post how much you love playing.Great stuff keep posting.

Lavallee

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Kevin, your playing seems flawless on this song. Noticed that you switched to a classical position to hold your guitar. I also prefer a more upward fret board but I use a strap (If put it on my knee the guitar would be to far away from me because my shirts are too thick ;) ).

Marc

michelew

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Kevin, Another beautiful video. THe grace, beauty and technique in your playing blows me away. I hope that someone is able to combine your two performances for you a some point - that would be extra fabulous.

I too hope to be able to play this as fantastically as you do some day.

Thank you!

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks Marc.I to have that thick shirt problem.

P.S.Really enjoy your last song (bravo)

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Thank you Michelew.Have you ever heard of JOAN BEAZ,I dont no why,But i think you might like her stuff.one of the first songs i learned to do finger style,DIAMONDS & RUST.if you check her out dont foget JESSIE & ONE TIN SOLIDER.Watching you play reminds me of her.

Thank again
Kevin

michelew

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks for the tip Kevin. Yes I've heard of Joan and have some of her songs. She does a great version of "House of the rising sun". I'll check out the songs you've suggested. ta

Michele

BobR

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Kevin,

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said.

Excellent job.

Bob

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Well I sure was flattered that you dedicated this post to me, Dekotaj. It's one of my favourite Croce songs, and you play it so well.

I probably shouldn't mention this because it didn't work-- I downloaded both of your guitar versions and tried to mix them together in Audacity (my first attempt at using the program). It would have worked, except they are played at different speeds. Not your fault, as you didn't know anyone would try to marry them together.

Anyways, thanks again for the kind words and for sharing your talent with TG.

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Well I sure was flattered that you dedicated this post to me, Dekotaj. It's one of my favourite Croce songs, and you play it so well.

I probably shouldn't mention this because it didn't work-- I downloaded both of your guitar versions and tried to mix them together in Audacity (my first attempt at using the program). It would have worked, except they are played at different speeds. Not your fault, as you didn't know anyone would try to marry them together.

Anyways, thanks again for the kind words and for sharing your talent with TG.
That would've been cool, though... could the Amazing Slow-Downer be any help here? really works -- changes the speed but not the pitch.

EDIT: here's a link -- don't think this violates any linking rules re: products etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic