Is there anybody out there, Marc

Lavallee

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi All, I have been working for the last few months on this easy fingerpicking song that is not so easy.

I have tried to use Neil's alternate finger positioning on the first 3 chords, using thumb for when two sequencial bass notes are used, shifting home position between the 4 string and 5 strings sequence, visualize the fret before moving to the 9th fret to land with a clear note.

Tried to have a constant force on the string so that high pitch notes would not be louder than the base (the original was played on a classical guitar and the problem is not as obvious as on a steel guitar). Overall I was looking to have clear notes (minimize buzzing). Also work on the last chord to roll the chord as Neil showed instead of strumming it

Do not hesitate to comment on where you feel I need to rework.
Thanks

Marc

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:03 pm

BRAVO!BRAVO!Loved it.Bass runs where great,Smooth,listening to it,started my mind going to a time that was great for me.Thanks Marc.Keep posting

beaker

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Nice job Marc! Yeah, it looks like it is not so easy, but it rated 4? kinda like Babe, I'm Gonna leave you. anyway, it sounds good. Beaker.

dekotaj

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Hey Marc,Just watched it again,Man i love the way you retard the song at the end, great job. Kevin

haoli25

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Bravo Marc!!! You should be very proud of this video, it is excellent. Don't change a thing.
Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Really sweat Marc, excellent job! Both thumbs pointing way the hell up stairs! :-)

reiver

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Very nicely played Marc. Another high quality post from you. Congratulations.

r

michelew

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:31 pm

This must be the week for beautiful fingerpicking songs that I've never heard before. Simply beautiful. I'm thinking that I'll need to learn it. Very, very nice. I also think I'm going to need to sit down and have a good hard think about the songs I'm going to learn completely within the next 6? months.

Marc as aways you are an inspiration. Thank you.

dennisg

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Great job, Marc. If your goal was to eliminate the buzzing, you succeeded in a major way. Congratulations.

- Dennis

mark

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Marc

This takes me back to when I was 16 at school and Pink Floyd had just released The Wall. Surely one of the best albums of all time.

Good playing again.

I think think you got the mix of bass strings to treble just right. You can clearly hear the bass melody ringing out.

The only problem areas are the high chord. You can really slow the song down at this point, which gives a good effect and makes the chord change easier.

Also the ending is difficult. Again the song can really slow down at this point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic