Is there anybody out there, Marc

reiver

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Great stuff -- just went through the lesson because of you. Very nice, thanks for posting another sweet video. Seems like you are getting really good, Marc.

Cheers.

MarkM

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Marc that was FANTASTIC. I've watched it several times now and I'm blown away. Very good ariculation. No fret buzz. Really very well done. All these finger picking songs coming out this week. I'm going to have to let my nails grow, put on some new strings and get to work. :laugh:

Thank you for sharing this. Most outstanding.

Markm

Lavallee

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to watch and give some comments.

Marc

Kevin :Thanks, yeah those were the days (my kids get a kick out of that when I say this. They say : was the telephone invented then? really got to love them )

Beaker: thanks for the comments, I think it is a 4 because the arpeggio is sequencial like house of the rising sun. I found it challenging still.

Bill: thanks for the good words

Chris: thank you, I cannot sing, so I have to take instrumental songs only ( that is what the police told me the last time the neighbors filled a complaint)

Reiver: High quality is what to aim for , but I doubt I am there yet. I find that since I post video, I am quite less sloppy however. Before, I was happy to be close but now I can see the benefit to put the extra effort to be closer .

Michele: Yes it is nice to see that a lot of people are posting, it is such a good motivation tool. You are right about thinking about a list as it is very tempting to be distracted with other songs. However it does not prevent you from trying all the songs you want but not necessarily iwth the same emphasis, the charming distgraction from the real work. It is still just for fun.

Dennis: Actually the buzzing was my greatest challenge on it. It is really because of this song that I have started watching my left hand position, the thumb in the back and having the fingers as vertical as possible to prevent numbing the other string. It also had the benefit to be at a safer distnce of the fret, minimizing the buzzs.

Mark, thanks for the comments,I will follow your advice and slow down the 2 sections. I thought I was slowing down enough, but after reading your comments, I re watch the original Pink Floyd video and you are right. I also noticed that there is a second slide up to the D note when hitting the D and the B

FJVBD: thanks for the comments, I think we are all improving

MarkM : thanks for the comments. One of the concerns that people (mainly men) have about growing nails for the guitar is the discomfort in what other people migth comment: a man with long finger nails, what the heck???Actually the nails do not have to be that long, just above the flesh, so it does not show much. I used to have them pretty long and it is difficult to manage. Since they are shorter, it plays the same and there are less nail breakage

suziko

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Hourra, Marc! Tres bien fait! Really beautifully played. I wish I could give you some suggestions, but it looked and sounded perfect to me. Thanks for posting this! Suz

Lavallee

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Merci beaucoup Suzi

Marc

BobR

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Mark,
Really nice job. Unfortunately my video keeps starting and stopping. When it was working I thought it was real good.

Keep em coming.
Bob

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 pm

I can't keep up- all these great video posts! Another winner Marc.
Best adjective would be controlled. Nice and even picking. Hearing you play that APX makes me wish I bought one when I was choosing my elec/acoustic guitar.

Lavallee

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Bob; thanks, maybe you internet was a bit at low speed if the video was choppy. I hope it is OK now.

Al: you are very kind, actually the APX sounds good when it is connected to the amplifier (small 15 Amps), without it does not have enough body to sustain the big strings versus the small string which combination gives a bit of an overall higher pitch than a regular full body. When I use the amplifier, I position the equilizer of the guitar so that the bass notes are maximized and the high pitch notes are minimized giving an acceptable balance. But I still like it.

Marc

jayswett

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 am

Very nearly flawless. A missed note here or there, but otherwise perfect. The audio quality on that video was very good. Are you doing something different for your videos now? As I was watching you play, I was thinking that you should try playing another Pink Floyd tune called Goodbye Blue Sky. I doubt it would take you long to learn it. I tried a month or two ago, but got sidetracked with other projects. I didn't get very far with it.

willem

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:11 am

Marc, that was with a very nice touchy feeling,,thanks,,can say much more,, i think the feeling to it is the difficulty of this song,,thanks again...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic