U2 - One - MarkM

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Mark,
I liked it. Sounds good without a pick kinda mellow. I am not the biggest U2 fan but I really enjoyed it. You seem quite comfortable with it.

Good Job

Bob

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I thought it was great. Here is a suggestion, if you wanted to create a little contrast in it, you could play the verses just a bit softer and the chorus just a bit louder. Not that you need to, but I think dynamics are one of the things that are often overlooked.

Very nicely done.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Mark, that was really cool, laid back and very smooth on the strumming. Really like that. Now get the twins out to sing it and it'll be brill! ;-)
btw, my daughter hates it too when I grow a beard.... she's been complaining all day so I guess it'll have to come off tomorrow, just to keep the peace.

suziko

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Nice job, Mark! That's a song I'd really like to learn at some point. Do you have TAB you'd want to share?

Suzi

MarkM

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks all!!

The video quality is really bugging me. The camera captured the performance right on to an internal hard drive. Works fine on the computer. I'll have to upload it again and delete the old version tomorrow.

Al - thanks. For some reason on this song it just feels better and sounds better without the pick.

Bob - thanks. Glad you enjoyed it

Wandoctor - I agree. There is much more I can do with this song apart from singing it. Many more hammer ons and volume control would add alot.

Chris - Thanks. I'll have to give my girls a few more years but you have given me something to shoot for with your video.

Suzi - Thanks. It really is an easy song. I'll get the TAB out tomorrow.

MarkM

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi Mark, I missed this initially as I was away. I am a big U2 fan, love that very powerful song and loved your version. I liked WanDoctor's comments and thought that would improve the song. However with your use of hammer-ons I thought it was very nice to listen to unaccompanied.

I have no trouble with the beard, it's the top of my head that struggles! Such is life eh! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic