Tuesday Afternoon - cleaned up

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Captain,
From what I heard it sounded good It's nice to be able to play to a original and you seem good at that, but the audio is kind of popping all over the place so I will wait for your next post.

Good Job,

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey Captain, good going, that is not too easy to do... especially the barre chords on the swing time G F C.... I can't do that and have to do it the "easy" way. Keep working on the timing of the strum and it will start to really flow. Great job!

johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:53 pm

bravo! going along excellently

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Captain,

That cleaned up very nicely. Good job.

Keep em' coming :woohoo:

Bob

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:20 pm

The fast changing barre chords looked beyond me. But, you were doing a great job it sounded good too. Thanks Captain.

BigBear

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Kirk- Great job! And a great song. If I could offer up something on a positive light, clearly you know the chords and you are making the chord changes just fine. But your timing is late. Work on anticipating the chord changes and not reacting to them. Reacting to the song is too late.

I speak from experience because when I first starting going to jam sessions I was always late with my timing. Fear of the unknown, lack of self confidence or whatever. But after a time, I starting hitting the chords at the right time and my playing improved, as did my self-confidence.

Even though you are playing the rhythm guitar you must avoid getting lazy and backing into the chords! If you ever play the tune with someone not as talented as you are you will certinaly see what I mean! You were using the actual song as a backing track so you have the correct timing right there with you. You don't even need a metronome.

Good luck buddy and thanks for sharing that video!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Kirk, I think Bear's advice was spot on and I also agree with Chas, I would like to see a version with just you playing as it's hard to separate your sound from the background, but kudos for the post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic