Jim Croce- Have to say I love you in a song

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:08 am

Did this song this afternoon,so i could try and have the first post in 2010.This one is for my(GLUE)my wife Lisa.Happy NEW YEAR Lisa! :) :)

Lavallee

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:30 am

That is very nice Dekotaj, it is very well played. I cannot find any suggestions as everything looks perfect. Like that you made your first try at singing with the humming.

Happy New Year

Marc

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:52 am

That was really beautiful Kevin and a lovely dedication. Wow - you're just churning them out - keep this up and you'll be out-posting Al.

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:35 am

Hey Marc,Happy new year to you and yours.Thank you for your kind words.And as far as singing That will never happen.My dog sings better than me.And I dont even have a dog. :P :P

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:46 am

Thank you very much,very kind.And thank you for becoming my friend.As i get better at this computer stuff,I to will become friends with more of the tg people.My this new year find you and yours, dreams and hopes all coming true.

Thanks Kevin

willem

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:23 am

Kevin,,Lisa can be proud to you,,nice playing,, i do not much know Jim Croce but i think i'm gonna do some research on that, i think i has very nice songs,, thanks, have a greAt 2010 with Lisa and TG..

jayswett

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:15 am

dekotaj wrote:
Thank you very much,very kind.And thank you for becoming my friend.As i get better at this computer stuff,I to will become friends with more of the tg people.My this new year find you and yours, dreams and hopes all coming true.
Several comments:
1) Great videos. I've always thought these Jim Croce songs were tough to play, so I have avoided them. You managed to make them look reasonably easy. Well done.
2) Listening to you hum, my first thought was "this guy must have a great singing voice". I think you should rethink your position on not singing. I had a similar position several weeks ago, but changed it when I found a song that required little to nothing in terms of range. My video was a reasonable effort, not great, but it's a start.
3) Regarding the computer/recording aspect of your videos, there are several people who regularly visit the forum who an help you with this. If you have a windows based computer, I'd recommend using audacity (free, downloadable recording software) and windows moviemaker (video editing software that comes with computers with windows operating systems). Both of these products are fairly easy to use, and truth be told, I had alot of fun learning how to use them. I know only the basics for both, but they seem to suit my rudimentary needs.
4) You should consider buying a camera tripod. I don't believe they are unreasonably expensive and would enhance the quality of your videos.

Great videos you have posted. I learn alot from the student videos and am always pleased when I see that new one has been uploaded to the site.

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:50 am

michelew wrote:
That was really beautiful Kevin and a lovely dedication. Wow - you're just churning them out - keep this up and you'll be out-posting Al.
Michele, I represent that! :)

Dekotaj, I just read your bio. It said you've been playing for 2 years. I think you left out the 'professionally' part of that sentence!!

I prefer fingerpicking to strumming, and hearing such a good version of this song has moved it up on my to do list. Thanks for posting.

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 am

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:58 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic