Jim Croce Photographs & memories

BobR

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Kevin,

I must have missed this yesterday. Great song and you did an excellent job. I really like your ability to finger pick and you seem to have your hammer ons and pulloffs down.

Bob

beaker

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Kevin, Wow that was a great song. You played it really well! I was surprised to read that you have only been playing 4 years, I would have guessed to be a lot more! But then When I read that you practice 4-6 hours a day it makes some sense. That is great dedication! Nice work, I look forward to another video. Beaker.

dekotaj

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks Bob and Beaker.Cant say i got them down,But I will keep at them.I sure hope Neil well do a lesson on finger style patterns.I think(and some time that's scary)If people just starting out on finger style,would try and fine the patterns in the songs and practice them as they learn the songs it would be a big help to them.Because all these song got real easy patterns.then just work on the malotic parts.Kind of like me working on typing.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Kevin these are just wonderful, wonderful songs and you really have a feel for them. For 4 years playing this is really, really good! THanks for posting Jim Croce, really love his songs. Now when we get to Gordon Lightfoot, you've really got my attention. Maybe a co-operation on some of his songs would be a good idea... you play them, I'll sing them. What do you think, something we could manage in 2010? If you need a reference, just look back in the Uploaded for review threads and you'll see my version of If You Could Read My Mind.
Chris

dekotaj

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey Chris,I did see it and I thought it was great.I capol it on the 2fret when i play it.But if you will sing it I will play it any way you like.

Thank you.
Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Most GL songs I can manage sam as the original but sometimes I take the capo off and go down a whole step just to make it comfortable.... I noticed with GL and with Paul McCartney that they don't sing as high as they used too... I'm no exception! I'm Game lets PM about what we want to do. ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic