Jim Croce Photographs & memories

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Happy New Year to the TG community.Yesterday my glue and me were talking about 2009.And at the end she said,all that's left is Photographs & memories.No shes not a Jim Croce Fan like me.But of course I took it as and omen.Sorry another Croce song.It will be the last for a while,Got to get back to working on some of my target songs.But darn if she not right again.

Kevin

MarkM

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Kevin,

You're on fire with these songs. You make them look effortless. Keep them coming. You can never go wrong with a Croce song. How about some Leroy Brown????

MarkM

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Kevin, Another beautiful video. I'd love to know how long:

- you've been playing,
- you've been playing those songs and
- it took you to learn them.

I'd like to sound like you one day.

Michele

suziko

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:21 pm

I've loved Jim Croce ever since I was a little girl (thanks to my dad) and this has always been one of my favorites of his. You played it beautifully. I'd like to know the same things Michele asked. I hope some day I'll play as well as you!

Suzi

wrench

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Alright Kevin, this is just creepy.

I have not heard that song since Jim Croce died - until this morning when I listened to my Christmas present - Jim Croce's Greatest Hits. And now you posted it as well.

Aside from the creepiness of the timing this is by far my favorite Croce song, and I can only say you aced it. If this is how you can play Croce, please do the rest for us.

I'll also add that While Jim Croce had a great voice, I find your performance of this song more pleasant to listen to than the original recording.

Well done and thank you for posting.

wrench

Yamaha48

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Hello Kevin.

A good 2010, thanks fore this tune Kevin.
I love the way you play.

Gr Anton

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Michele & Suzi.Ive been playing almost 4 years now.When i first started TG was not quit 3. I think,not sure when I started tg.I will start my 4 year in April 2010.First Croce song was,Ill have to say i loved you. A little over two years ago.And never doing finger style before took months just to get the hang of it.And since then quit a few more,In fact finishing up three more now.DREAMING AGAIN&A LONG TME AGO& ALABAMA RAIN.Started them about three month ago.And the four months before that I did four Gorden Lightfoot songs.If you could read my mind,rainy day people,circle of steel&steel rail blues.And other songs by other bands in the last four years.And for how long depends on the song,some longer than others.There's apart in circle of steel was not sure i would ever get,but just kept at it till i did.Maybe if I update my bio it would tell more.Thank you again friend.

Kevin

P.S.I play Four to six hours aday(my poor wife has suffered alot)

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow - thanks for the info Kevin -so if I practice 4-6 hours a day, then in 4 years time I might be as good as you.....phew... 4-6 hours a day...that by itself is something.

That's one big mountain I'm looking at climbing. One step at a time right...

Thanks again Kevin.

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Wrench Woo Thank you very much.I just dont know how to respond to that.But thank you,the great thing about playing is to hope others like it.And im glad you did.And the rest must be karam,I mean the christmas present thing.

Kevin

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Happy new year Anton.And thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic