Summer WIne by Neverfoundthetime and Ale

dennisg

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:35 am

Here's Nancy Sinatra singing "Something stupid" with her brother Frank Jr. After watching this, you'll understand why he was kidnapped.

- Dennis

BigBear

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Chris that is so cool I'm almost at a loss for words (but not quite!). Your daughter is even more lovely than you've written about previously.

Great old song by Lee Hazelwood of all people! I've always loved that tune and you did it proud!!

Thanks for sharing that with us! :cheer:

hasben

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Chris,

As a father, I am sure that inside you are beaming, and you should be!
Ale is a beautiful young girl with a great voice. (good job yourself, but I bet that takes a far back second place in your heart)

Now, take that recording, make copies and store one in a vault. It will be priceless someday to someone in the family. Especially Ale.

Fred

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Many thanks Rick and Fred. You guys are right on the money, it's going in the treasure chest under the bed! ;-)
Fred: Hasben is a good nickname, that was my nickname (Hasbin as in Has-been, which was a play on my family name)at Camp Choconut Pa., in 1976 where I was a camp councelor

Dennis, what ever happedned to Frank Jr. He looks so like his father in that vid.

hasben

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Chris,

hasben is better than "never was". It is a family joke around here since I retired 2009. Certainly doesn't mean "over the hill"
I turned 59 Dec 29 and feel pretty frisky. Looks are another matter.
Back to you and Ale, you won't be "cool" for quite some time. My daughter is 24 and I am just now becoming, well... coolish. Just grin and enjoy. Time does fly.
Fred from Muskogee

dennisg

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Dennis, what ever happedned to Frank Jr. He looks so like his father in that vid.
The last time I saw Frank Jr, he had a recurring role in The Sopranos. Whenever they had a poker game, he was one of the players -- and, oddly enough, they referred to him by his real name.

- Dennis

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 pm

The last time I saw Frank Jr, he had a recurring role in The Sopranos. Whenever they had a poker game, he was one of the players -- and, oddly enough, they referred to him by his real name.
- Dennis
....well I guess once you're in la Famiglia, your always in! ;-)

dennisg

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Like father like son.

- Dennis

heyjoe

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 am

brilliant, absolutely brilliant
simple as that chris

Laura was sitting next to me when I watched the video and she summed it up best in 2 sentences...."chris's daughter has a lovely voice" and "does he need to be on this site as he can really play the guitar", I had to explain that we're all here to improve!

well done to both of you

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Many thanks Joe! Laura needs to know that I can strum o.k. and pick a little but I can't do much else like pick out a melody or play a riff. I would rate myself as camp fire hero :-) and a 4 to maybe 5 at best. I have so much to learn!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic