Father and Son Take 1

Lavallee

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi Bob , really enjoyed your video, I think that the appropriate comments have already been said. I agree on the strumming improvement from the previous video and also that the bar chord is very smooth, no delay.

Marc

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey Bob,

I actually don't know this song well- probably only heard it once or twice. Will need to listen to it again to remind myself.

I like the slide you're doing, and you're also doing what Neil says about having open strings a beat (or half a beat?) before you change chords.

You did stop your strumming hand a few times though, which I mentioned on someone else's video today as well (sorry if I'm repeating).

Looking forward to your update!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Bob good job. I hear you man when you talk about the transition to Bm7 its not that easy, this is when I repeat that small section again and again. The slides sound cool not always an easy thing to get sounding right on acoustic. Like Al mentioned keep the hand going, I know I have issues there as well and need to remind myself mentally to keep it going, all will be revealed when I get a chance to post something... Had intended to practice and have first attempt today but my Wife had other ideas... things like taking dogs for walks and putting up trellis frames for climbing roses.

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks Guys,
I don't remember hearing this song until Neil did his TG short on it. I thought it was kinda cool. I looked at a YT video of Cat Stevens and thought I'd give it a try. I was trying Neils strumming. Well I'll give it another go soon.

Chas, Well the dogs must go and the roses must climb.

BTW Al, I like your reference to Jack Johnson at the bottom of your page. I notice a lot of people have something. How do you do it?

Thanks Again,

Time for sleep

Bob

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks Guys,
I don't remember hearing this song until Neil did his TG short on it. I thought it was kinda cool. I looked at a YT video of Cat Stevens and thought I'd give it a try. I was trying Neils strumming. Well I'll give it another go soon.

BTW Al, I like your reference to Jack Johnson at the bottom of your page. I notice a lot of people have something. How do you do it?

Thanks Again,

Time for sleep

Bob

Yamaha48

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:18 am

Hello my friend Bob.

A good try man,and you do a good job with it.
More you play this tune,going better.
Im looking forward to a update.
That you working on it.
Thanks fore sharing this nice video,good to see ya.

Gr Anton

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:24 am

Wow I'm very surprised to hear so many say that they aren't familiar with this song...not critical just surprised.

I know it well Bob and think you are very close to having it. It's a beautiful, emotional song and I would love to see you post it again when you are playing it even better than you are right now. Really enjoyed listening.

willem

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:50 am

BobR wrote:
Thanks Guys,

Thanks Again,

Time for sleep

Bob
''how you do it'' Bob look above,,there is a button EDIT SIGNATURE,,goodluck..

dekotaj

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:32 am

Hey Bob,Looks good sounds good.I like the way you use the up,down strokes,even when your going down the neck to get to the upper register stuff.But Im going to do something I never do (give some advice).I to like my sweetshirts.But mine say Chicago Bears,No you dont need to get one :laugh: :laugh: ,But you seem to try to pull your arm back.I just pull my sleeves up.When i find my right arm sliding down on my guitar.

Kevin

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 am

BobR wrote:
Thanks Guys,

Thanks Again,

Time for sleep

Bob

As Willem said, you click the 'edit signature' button that you can see any time you're in the forums.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic