Three Roses by AMERICA interpreted by Neverfoundthetime

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm

AndyT wrote:
There was text? I need a new prescription...
More like you need a 'Hubble'

lh7050

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Hey there neverfoundthetime. I saw your name and did wonder about the connection to the song. I have known these guys since 1967 and i had heard this song Many many times . Dewey who wrote this, was really still a kid when it was originally compoaed, and in high school we heard different versions of a lot of songs they ended up recording. This was on there first album which was completely in "the can" even before them hooking up with Jeff Dexter of Warner Bros at the time. in fact both the first and second album were songs" written" several years before they were recorded. they are all great guys and I am sure they would be flattered by your interest in there songs.I am lucky because we still correspond on life on the road and whats going on with them these days. I guess I am still living in the past cause I still listen to there music and enjoy what they are pitching out there. Could be I am Of a older vintage that just doesnt get what is happening these days. I enjoyed your version so stay at it and if you ever get around Central New Mexico drop me a line.

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Here I'm looking for text at the bottom of the screen like closed captioning and you guys are talking about comic word balloons! LOL

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 am

IH, that is quite a special feedback coming from you having known Dewey at the time he was writing the song. Their sound has been such an influence on me, it's why I play the 12 string and their music was the soundtrack to my mid and late teen years, the sound of the 70's for me as the Beatles were the sound of the 60's. Never found the Time, Rainy Day, Three Roses, Ventura Highway, Here. There was sunshine and life and promise of things to come in their sound for a boy my age.
Thank you for listening and commenting, you certainly are not just stuck in the past, theirs is a timeless, optimistic sound and listen or play something by them nearly every day. Tell the boys from me they have really made a contribution to the world that they can be forever proud of!
PS: Can you get them to tell me how to play that fantastic run on Rainy Day? Love it and it's eluded my since forever!! :-)

lh7050

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm

I have it all.... N.F.T.T. I am just not sure how to get it to you. Also keep in ming the main riff is played by two guitars. Let me know, if you can think of a way to get it. I'd be happy to turn you on to it.My name is Lance... Later

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Great Lance! read your mail.....

wrench

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
AndyT wrote:
There was text? I need a new prescription...
More like you need a 'Hubble'
ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A very nice rendition Chris. I don't think I heard that song since I had hair and youth.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:38 pm

;-) Dan, those were the days! :-)

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Entertaining video, melodious, I like a handful of America tunes and this is one of them. Is this something you play fairly regularly, or did it pop up from your memory recently?

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Thank you Pierre! I worked on this for a long time over the past year as I really wanted to play it but didn't have anything to go by except the original recording and my ears. Hard to separate the 3 (or more) guitars. So I practised a lot previously and it just really began to flow in this recording which was a warm up for posting Summer Wine with my daughter. It was much easier to relax and play with someone else operating the camera.

Lance, if you are still there, click on your profile and you will see a red notice telling you have an email from me. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic