Three Roses by AMERICA interpreted by Neverfoundthetime

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:10 am

Chasplaya wrote:
but as they say 'The band played on' (then the titanic sunk oh well!)
WOW Chris!! You were on the Titanic!? That's totally outta time man! No wonder you Never had the time....

Quite well done 'ole chap. Pip pip and all that you know.

michelew

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:23 am

Great Chris. I just listened to America doing it and you captured the essence completely. Your version was smooth, sweet and it had a great feeling to it. The camera work was awesome too, especially at the end!

Beer points to you (goes with the pizza).

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:40 am

Hello Chris.

Thanks fore this nice video.
I have somtimes the same problem,when i play a song.
In the middel of the song somthing going wrong.
Keep big smile and thanks fore sharing.

Anton

willem

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 am

Thanks for the two roses Chris,,,and all over the neck,,,question,, what is the diffirents(feeling) in gripping chords on a 12 string and a 6 string??

jayswett

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 am

That strumming technique looked fairly tricky, and that 12 string has such a nice sound. Just a general question: can a 12 string guitar be fingerpicked? I suspect that it can, but I"m sure it's not easy. Anyway, getting back to your video, as a technical suggestion, I wonder if it wouldn't be easien to deaded the strings with the fifth finger on your left hand as Neil has demonstrated in other vids, rather than use your right hand. You obviously didn't have any trouble with maintaining the timing and the rhythm, but I would think that it would be easier in some cases to use Neil's technique.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:58 am

Many thanks for listening guys! It never occurred to me that most of you wouldn't know this song, it's so much apart of why I wanted to play guitar, so much acoustic guitar in there. When you hear the original below, you may think I'm a little crazy trying it at all. Take a listen to the original, it grows on you. Podline66 did a great cover of this on youtube but they took him out for copyright reasons but he got reinstated and is up and running again... but he hasn't reposted this, I keep asking him, I'll post it if he does.

Thanks Tony, no need for me to wear frilly shirts on this one... bell bottoms might be called for though!
Thanks Al, I actually can't use a pick, it always sounded too laud on the bum notes so I used my fingers and just got used to that. Maybe I'll try to add one sometime.... but I have more feeling and flexibility now with my fingers.
Thanks Bill, roses should be quite colourful!
Thanks Bear, Schimpfwörter just for you!
Thanks Reiver, Al and I are just hyperactive!
Thanks Chas and Michele, I'll have my pizza and beer after breakfast!
Thanks Andy, you can speak English! Wow! I could have been on the Titanic as they had 2 squash courts (not many people know that!) ;-)
Thanks Anton, I'll be over to your upload as soon as I'm finished here :-)
Thanks for the constructive comments Jay. Tried damping with the 5th finger left hand but I can't do it well yet. I finger pick all the time on the 12 string but I have removed the octave strings on the lower E and A as I can't get a good bass sound out of them otherwise. So it's really a 10 string! I'd really like to get into the more syncopated sound AMERICA get on this song but I'm only just getting a real unerstanding of how this is done watching Neil's videos. I think this song could have some real teaching value.... especially for me!
Thanks Willem, the big difference on 12 strings is you need more pressure to hold them down, so that is harder at first and fingers get tired quickly. But it doesn't hurt as much as 6 strings as there is more spread across your finger tips. I love the extra sound and volume the 12 strings supply.

Here's the real deal:

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

I have play on a Seagull 12 string guitar,by my local music store.
Not hard to play that 12 string.
Ibanez 12 strings a litle bit harder to play.
greet Anton

dennisg

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 am

Chris,

I can't think of a higher compliment to give you than this: I can't stand the band America, and I would much sooner listen to any song by you than one of theirs. I thought your strumming was solid and confident, your tempo perfect. Now, if you could just make the subtitles slightly larger...

- Dennis

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:09 am

Thank you Dennis! LMAO!
That's a good idea with the larger type.... most of us need reading glasses now ;-)

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm

There was text? I need a new prescription...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic