Three Roses by AMERICA interpreted by Neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah, I know, 2 songs in 2 days. Got to keep up with Al!
This was the warm up song on the New Year's Day recording session with Ale. We also recorded Year of The Cat but I'm not so sure I'll upload that...yet ;-). Ale is on her new Kodak HD cam getting psyched up for Summer Wine (sorry, she's not on this one!). Three Roses has always been one of my favourite AMERICA songs (my nickname is another). Trouble is, it's a 3 guitar and 3 part harmony song and I'm trying to do it on one guitar. You be the judge of how that works, I sometimes think it works and at other times think its crap. In this one I get a couple of words wrong and forget where I'm going next chord at one point (sorry about the swearing!). Mattroutly has said he'd like some more AMERICA songs from Neil to do with his friends... maybe this will help persuade Neil and help me get it right!

BobR

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Chris,

I thought I had heard all America songs, guess not. I agree add some more America songs. I picked up their Here & Now CD a couple years ago and I don't see this song. Anyway I thought you did a really nice job. You have been very busy filming.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks Bob. Maybe you have heard this before but I've managed to obscure it well! ;-)

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Very nice. You've been a busy boy Chris. I like America, at least more than the Moody Blues! ;) and I think you did a cool job of this. There's certainly a few more videos going up lately!

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:49 pm

A true pro. Flubs the line, but picks up and finishes like nothing happened.

I didn't know that America tune either, but I like it. Lots of movement up the neck. I also liked your strumming-- at first I thought you had a pick. Very smooth.

Well done!

haoli25

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Another great posting Chris. I really like this song too. I think your 'more colorful' version may be even better than the original. :laugh:
Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

BigBear

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Chris- I was a big America fan in the 70's but I don't remember that song at all. So I looked it up on YouTube and I still don't know it. I can't say it is one of my favorites but you did a very credible job on it. I especially liked the Schimpfwoeter! LOL!

Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

reiver

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:16 pm

I thought you had to ask the composers permission to change the lyrics!

Don't know this song Chris (it's definitely not on my i-pod this time) but as usual you played and sang it very nicely. You and Al are making me feel very lazy........

r

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 pm

I didn't think I was posting THAT many songs.
You're giving me a complex.

(kidding of course) :P

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am

Now I have always purported to be an America fan, but got to confess didn't know this one at all... But had you not put the title and band name up I would have guessed as the chord transitions sound partially like Sister Golden Hair and the America sound came through (now thats profound given it is America lol)

Ale did well too, lets not forget the budding Peter Jackson, made Dad look really good!

Well done Chris liked it, you got that strumming down well and the tempo was consistent apart from your obvious hiccup, but as they say 'The band played on' (then the titanic sunk oh well!)

Pizza points to you matey on another great composition.

cheers

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic